Got the chance!

Well I’ve not been on here for a while, last time it was March and I was finding it really difficult to find work on HGV after passing c+e in January even with the agencies, I was only getting 2 shifts every 2 weeks on 7.5t. So I went back to another summer season on the coaches to make some money. I got paid off 2 weeks ago, and went down to a local haulier and was given some ad-hoc work on artics:grin::grin:, which will likely lead to more permanent employment! Done some shifts on curtainsiders and some on tippers, and been learning a lot!.. Anyway, I just wanted to share this, and to show that you should never give up, some employers will give you a chance!

Well done to you , sometimes you getthat lucky break straight away and sometimes you just gotta be patient , now you have proved yourself and got a bit of experience the calls should flood in now , I hope its the start of many more to come , good on ya for not getting dispondent and giving up :smiley:

Thanks Jennie, it was luck that I went to see them on that particular day as one of their drivers was off on holiday and they needed jobs covered, that was me out the next day in the deep end!

I have been round most of the company within 50 mile of where I live but to no avail as yet left my CV/e mailed it phoned & asked filled in application forms with some company but still nothing atm

Have doen this several times over the year

Sorry to hear that animal, I think it’s just a case of perseverance and luck, keep going going to see them in person and you’ll get the break. Emails get deleted and CVs get “filed”, I found that if they see you in person I got better responses. Good luck!

k21pilot:
Sorry to hear that animal, I think it’s just a case of perseverance and luck, keep going going to see them in person and you’ll get the break. Emails get deleted and CVs get “filed”, I found that if they see you in person I got better responses. Good luck!

HAVE BEEN TO SEE IN PERSON all transport company within 50 mile of my house several times over but still nothing I am registered with 9 agency phone them up several times a week but still nothing next

Done what Peter Smyth said phone then post CV then call round still nothing it dosent alway work

You’re right, it doesn’t always work. Some people are just unemployable.

SmashedCrabFace:
You’re right, it doesn’t always work. Some people are just unemployable.

Will treat that with the contempt it deserves

Treat it however you want, it won’t stop it being true.

Good luck with the job search!

SmashedCrabFace:
Treat it however you want, it won’t stop it being true.

Good luck with the job search!

Have met a few people that are really unemployable there are also a lot that just dont want to work so dont try that hard there are some that want to work but find it hard to get work simple as that

At the moment there is not a lot of work around I know of 3 company up here were 3-4 drivers have left & they are not replacing them so just makes it harder

I was actually in line to be taken on with own lorry but someone else decided to rearrange the front end not me btw I was nowhere near