Got Reported to the T/M

I was traveling up the A1101 from wisbech to sutton bridge on monday and the phone rang it was the T/M Hello Adam he said i have just had a call from a member of the public who said that you are driving like a mad man swerving all over the road and speeding. I said have you now. He laughed i said was it the lady in the 4 by 4 that was behind me and trying her hardist to over take on blind bends because i was doing 45 mph which you could see she did not like. The reason i was doing 45 mph was because of the dykes at the sides of the road were full of water i did not want to end up in it. The t/m knows i have no reason to drive like a mad man we are never under prusher we dont do any timed deliverys what does not get done gets done the next day and the only time i swered was to avoid pot holes. Any way by now the 4 by 4 had turned off the a1101 so could not get my own back. The t/m has backed and belives me. It did ■■■■ me off a bit because it was un true :angry: :angry:

welcome to the world of transport mate,
we all get these at some time or another,
at least it shows your t/m trusts you to get on with the job properly.

Good job she wasn’t behind me then cus I’d have been doing 40…maybe 42, depends on the music on radio :wink: :wink:

it just shows how much the public dont understand about our industry when you get calls like that.

Happened to me when i worked as a tm chap rings up and says your driver reg number so and so speeding swerving all over the road cut me up i asked the gentleman where he was he says driving right behind your vehicle says he right nasty like so i ask him is he on a mobile phone yes you f…g idiot so i says to him do you know it is illegal to drive a vehicle while using a mobile to which i was subjected to a torrent of abuse and the phone went dead.When the driver returned i asked him what had happened he told me that the gentleman had cut in front of him and stopped him unfortunetly this driver was a bit of a handful and he laid this guy out so i gave him a good load to get him home that night one of lifes pleasures.

scotstrucker:
it just shows how much the public dont understand about our industry when you get calls like that.

To be fair maybe she did understand because he was ‘speeding’. I’ll get me coat. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you if he had been doing 40 she likely would have phoned and complained about him driving too slowly.

Big ■■■■:
I was traveling up the A1101 from wisbech to sutton bridge on monday and the phone rang it was the T/M Hello Adam he said i have just had a call from a member of the public who said that you are driving like a mad man swerving all over the road and speeding. I said have you now. He laughed i said was it the lady in the 4 by 4 that was behind me and trying her hardist to over take on blind bends because i was doing 45 mph which you could see she did not like. The reason i was doing 45 mph was because of the dykes at the sides of the road were full of water i did not want to end up in it. The t/m knows i have no reason to drive like a mad man we are never under prusher we dont do any timed deliverys what does not get done gets done the next day and the only time i swered was to avoid pot holes. Any way by now the 4 by 4 had turned off the a1101 so could not get my own back. The t/m has backed and belives me. It did ■■■■ me off a bit because it was un true :angry: :angry:

Can you down load the speed from a digi tacho ?

Big ■■■■:

It’s possible to do a download which gives detailed speed data over 24 hours.

hi i know this road well as its not to far away from me, the road is classed as one of the worst in the uk for fatal accidents and thats due to people like the 4x4 driver you experianced,

this might intrest you… its a page on facebook all about the road…

facebook.com/group.php?gid=154043839833

if that dont work then just put in A1101 in the serch engine,

she was prob a stuck up snotty cow, like most of them in that area and should of ended up in the drink…

drive safe all

i had a phone call com-plaining about one of my drivers on the A14 heading for Felixstowe, the crime he commited?

he took too long in overtaking another lorry :unamused:

shuttlespanker:
i had a phone call com-plaining about one of my drivers on the A14 heading for Felixstowe, the crime he commited?

what was your answer to the complaint :question: :question:

scotstrucker:

shuttlespanker:

what was your answer to the complaint :question: :question:

unrepeatable on here, the auto censor would not allow it :wink:

i saw you adam you were driving like a madman im glad you got reported :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

tic

I’ve had people calling my Boss on a couple of ocassions and his answer is always the same if they’re that incensed about it they should pull the driver over for a ‘chat’ :smiley:

jessicas dad:
i saw you adam you were driving like a madman im glad you got reported :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

tic

Thats wot she said Please Please dont tell the the boss he dont understand me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a complaint last week for apparently ‘belting it’ down a country lane. I wouldn’t have minded, but the person who complained was the dogwalker that i stopped for to let across the road :angry:

C-Kay:
I had a complaint last week for apparently ‘belting it’ down a country lane. I wouldn’t have minded, but the person who complained was the dogwalker that i stopped for to let across the road :angry:

In this case perhaps “belting it” would be a little faster than walking it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Years ago my TM got a call from another motorist who was following me,
“Your driver is on the outside lane of the M1, doing 70mph, can you tell him to stick to the HGV lanes?”, TM phones me and gives me a right mouthful, “stayin lanes one and two”, I replied “have you forgotten you put me on a 7.5 today?” to be fair to the mothersukinrswipe,he apologised.

45 0N THE A1101■■? Ya did well to stay in the seat!!! ■■■■■■ road. She was probably a local and should of known better. No doubt the swerving was exagerated by the constantly changing cambers on that stretch of road. Stand yr ground mate.

Coffeeholic:

Big ■■■■:

It’s possible to do a download which gives detailed speed data over 24 hours.

And, if you ever needed it there are a couple of pieces of legislation that allow you to have a copy of the download info - including the WTD and I think Drivers Hours legislation itself.

Btw - I did have question running around in my head a while ago that I haven’t yet asked - Is the speed-trace stored on the card, as well as the VU ?

As to “complaints from the driving public” My mate had one shortly after we were sold to that multi-national, multi-billion pound, blue-chip company :unamused: (He’s a little more “volatile” than me :wink: ) But the TM rang him and said “I have to follow it through because we now have a whole department that deals with this sort of thing. I need you to come in and make a written statement” :open_mouth:

My own answer is always “What is the complainants qualification for assessment of me ?” There’s never been a reply that would stop from from then saying “Therefore, I have no comment” :wink: