Got my licence back - quick question

So I got my licence back today and after a quick check it appears DVLA have put the C+E provisional (along with all the other ‘E’ categories) entitlements on my licence, is this the norm? I was expecting to have to send it off again to get the C+E provisional entitlement put on?

Tarrman:
So I got my licence back today and after a quick check it appears DVLA have put the C+E provisional (along with all the other ‘E’ categories) entitlements on my licence, is this the norm? I was expecting to have to send it off again to get the C+E provisional entitlement put on?

Usually the provisional CE is only on the paper part BUT I think the new licences have them on the card bit instead

No you automatically get C+E provisional if you’re lucky enough to have passed C and not failed like me :frowning:

ROG:

Tarrman:

Usually the provisional CE is only on the paper part BUT I think the new licences have them on the card bit instead

On my paper part it lists the provisional entitlements, on the photocard on the back there is a table/chart which lists all the categories but ONLY the categories I have gained have the date filled in (valid from-to), the other parts which are still provisional entitlements are left blank, I’ll see if I can upload a picture.

Here we go,

The parts left blank are the provisional entitlements listed on the paper part.

Saves me sending it off again! Means I can crack on with my C+E assessment drive :sunglasses:

nidirect.gov.uk/index/inform … lained.htm

looks like youve got the ‘new’ style :laughing:

Where does the rest of the EU drivers have their provisionals listed because I do not think they have paper counterparts■■?

its not provisional on the card, only listing what is available, brother only has car and there all on his aswell. only provisional on the paper part

ROG:
Where does the rest of the EU drivers have their provisionals listed because I do not think they have paper counterparts■■?

Provisional entitlements don’t really exist here in France. So when I passed my C in 2010, I did so with only the B listed on my licence, and when I went on to do my EC last year, I did so without any change to my licence until I passed.