Got my Hiab ticket

Got my Hiab ticket today at Red Rose. Passed on a Hiab 090 mounted on the back of an old F reg Blackpool council Volvo FL6 unit :slight_smile: So cheers to Ray the instructor and to RR

well done rat67 :smiley: can I be nosy and ask you what training you done and what the cost was

ytre:
well done rat67 :smiley: can I be nosy and ask you what training you done and what the cost was

Cheers ytre, It was part classroom based, h&S, videos, operating procedure etc, and then outside for a few hours of hands-on Hiab operating using hooks/slings/chains to load/unload ibc’s ballast bags etc onto a trailer. cost wise it was part of the total training package I signed up for at £2695, but that includes class 2, class 1, test fees, adr, flt, hiab, tacho/drivers hours course etc.

The cost for Hiab alone is £150 for a 1 day course or £219 for a 1 day course with 7 hours cpc credit

Those prices seem really good, Where is red rose?

Prices are great compared to some. I need to get my hi ab done

I’m also looking at doing my HIAB in the near future, but costs are looking around £500 from the companies local to me.

Simongrove:
I’m also looking at doing my HIAB in the near future, but costs are looking around £500 from the companies local to me.

Same here, Does the Hi-ab cover you to use hook, Clamshell and the grab thing used for bricks and blocks?

Red Rose are based at Kearsley near bolton (very close to jcn 3 M61) From what I was told, according to BITA, you don’t need to do different courses for different Hiab attachments, unlike fork lifts, it seems you’re covered for hook, sling, brick clamp, grab etc