Got my first weeks work driving

For the Post Office :smiley:

6 nights X 8 hr shifts

Unfortunately its only 7.5 ton work.Money is OK though :slight_smile:

it’ll help toward your experience though mate. Well done and hope it goes well.

Well, yeah. But I did 8 years of 7.5 ton with,can you guess? The Post Office :smiley:

Oh…Hmmm…I see…is that through agency? I was with one agency (reputable driving agency) but i was always given labour work with no driving at all, the only reason i did some driving was whilst working for a removal firm through agency, one of their 3.5T vans got stuck down a steep hill and burnt the clutch out so i was asked to take a transit down and help shuttle the stuff out, got there n ended up working till 9pm…extra cash came in handy.
Try visiting employers that do the type of work that your interested in doing.

Yeah, Ive put in a few application forms, and got a couple of numbers to ring.This will do for now.
Actually , made a mistake with the money.Not as good as I first thought .Heard the £14 an hour and thought that was for the whole week.
£14 p.h Sunday
£10.50 p.h Mon-Fri

So not that good really . I will be doing six nights and getting what a postman would get for 5…without the pension,sick pay and holiday pay.Still, Ive agreed to it ,so I will do it for one week.

If you do a good job for the agency on the 7.5t then it should open the doors for larger work, as they’ll know you are reliable etc.

Bet you drive the 7.5t dofferently now though.

so dont you have any contacts at RM still?
I mean sooner or later they’ll need someone to drive an 18 at short notice. If one of their 7.5t drivers happens to have a cat C then…

Yeah, I know a few people.I think there are some blokes I know at the office I am going to.As for letting me drive a Cat C or C+E I dunno .RM stipulate 2 years OTR experience in the particular category.As I am no longer a RM employee that applies to me.