Got my CAT C test this week

Hi

Got my CAT C Lessons and test this week, I’m pretty nervous and excited at the same time.

Any last minutes tips as i leave tomorrow for what will be an eventful week.

Relax and enjoy it. If you have a really bad day and make a few mistakes don’t let it worry you. Learn from them but don’t let it get to you. When test day arrives try to relax and not let the nerves get to you. Have a chat with the examiner to break the ice and help you relax. Most of all don’t worry. It will fly by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and good luck.

manclad75:
Oh and good luck.

Thanks lol…

I can see it being the nerves getting the better of me, having a pint would definitely settle them but cannot see the instructor or examiner approving… :frowning:

I know it’s easier said than done, but when it comes to the test, try and enjoy the experience. I wasn’t negative on myself but in my head I told myself if I pass I pass, if not I’ll just book and go again. Do not give yourself the added pressure by saying you MUST pass. Take your time and try not to panic if you make any mistakes

Already been said, but definitely chat to the examiner. It works wonders. I forgot I was on a test by the time I finished mine.

Just a little update finished day 2 of the course and feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulder, Monday I was bricking it, tonight I feel a lot more confident and looking forward to the next two days and the dreaded test.

Got to thank my instructor who has the patience of a saint, enjoys what he does and certainly knows the game.

The balls in my court and I’m hoping I do not let him down.

Sounds like it’s going to plan. All the best with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Fingers crossed for you, just remember to breathe :smiley:

Hope all goes well on the test

Fingers crossed for your week mate, hope all goes well :slight_smile: just remember to try enjoy it and as others have said relax and engage the examiner in convocation. :slight_smile:

I chatted with my examiner’s, the VAN one was a lady talking about her Scania horsebox, and the Class 1 was a bloke who said I didn’t look grubby enough to be a truck driver! :open_mouth:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Best of luck! :smiley:

Thanks for all the advice the good news is I passed…

Words cannot describe how I feel, 4 days ago I was a complete novice barely drove my car from one day to the next, 3 days later the truck was mastered confidence driving it at an all time high and then today the test which I passed.

Got to thank my Instructor John from Flair Training an absolute legend.

Well done fella :smiley:

Well done Wigan_lad, I saw you this morning at the BP with John. I’m glad you passed mate and your right, he is a legend! :grimacing:

Spot on, well done fella. Should be well proud! :slight_smile:

Dan Bear 87:
Well done Wigan_lad, I saw you this morning at the BP with John. I’m glad you passed mate and your right, he is a legend! :grimacing:

A very popular and well known fella around that area Dan Bear it seems, i’ve booked my C+E with John now in June.

I’ve also booked an ADR course in May and got my first CPC course tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting on the road.

Congrats pal, but I think using the word “mastered” after 3 days training is asking for trouble! :laughing:

Halfway through my ADR course, tests are this Friday.

Quite a bit of information to take in fortunately I have someone who knows his stuff on ADR our own diesel dave is the tutor.

I’m sure he will be happy to know i am reading through my notes :smiley:

Don’t panic pal, the first question is “Have you half a brain & were you awake through the course?” if “Yes” then you will be fine! :smiley:

I’m sure DD is keeping it entertaining and engaging, Which isn’t hard after the first day or 2 when the boring stuff is done, as then you get to watch things go wrong! :smiley: Plus a bit of nasty stuff with Class 5…

Enjoy! :grimacing: