Got my C+E this week fingers crossed

Hi folks first post!

Got my C+E test this week I can’t wait I’m a coach driver at present and hate my job can’t wait to ge out got the driving part licked it’s just the reverse I’m struggling with.

Reversing away from the cones kicking the trailor over to the left no bother it’s just getting across the yard and onto the coned box that I’m struggling with. How much kink and when I keep coming in too soon like I’m driving a rigit I just hope I can crack it before the test I really don’t wanna ■■■■■■■■ it up as it’s cost me a bomb so far and not only that I cant bare to Carry passengers any longer

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.534310,-0.174029

Hi Gav I suppose each school have there own way I kept confusing myself by reading the different methods on the advice sticky and trying them but was getting it all wrong and found doing the way I was getting taught was best for myself.
Even then would mess them up but thought I had them nailed as was getting the trailer straight in time after time even though sometimes had to fight it left and right then on test it’s a different matter I found I couldn’t fight it left and right as the curb edge was there so couldn’t over steer to correct my line so just took a shunt forward got it nice and straight and then backed it in right in the middle so what I’m saying is better to take a shunt than fail don’t forget you can take two if needed.

Yeah that’s it like! The yard I’m doing it in is tiny so I’m hoping get it right in the yard and hopefully the extra space at the test centre will make it a little easier.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.248769,-1.329697

Good luck for your test matey,

Don’t panic about getting it into the box 1st go, get it as best as you can and then as Kirk Ella 71 says, you can take 2 shunts if needed, get it nice and straight and then nice and steady into the box,

Try not to move the steering wheel when you are reversing straight as even small movements will move the rear of the trailer out of line…and stick your head out of the window a few times throughout the whole of the exercise especially coming around the centre cone and positioning to get into the box and this will help too.( it helped me!!).

Keep calm and don’t rush.

John.

Bend it like beckham was phrase used by a few trainers and trainees

does your instructor let you ‘play on your own’ when on the reversing area?

Yeah he spends a while talking me through then go’s off into the office for half an hour to let me try n crack it

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.916143,-1.529669

Good luck for your test :wink:

Cheers guys!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.915771,-1.529525

getting there starting to crack the reverse at long last! - i was thinking too much about what i was wanting to do rather than doing! its coming together nice now

Best of luck for your test when it comes

When is your test? Just take your time and dont think about it too much as you said :laughing:

I Passed it - Last Wednesday had an interview for a perminent job too. I have it mon-fri tramping subject to passing a driving assessment just need my licence back from DVLA first. Any ideas on the sort of things I will need when I get on with the job?

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.319854,-1.280849

Hi Gav and congrats on the pass!! Result!!! :grimacing: :sunglasses: :grimacing: And nice one with the tramping job too! Keep us up to date with how you get on. Scout around on these boards for plenty of posts on what to put in your kit bag for nights out/weeks away. Plenty of good suggestions are available.

Cheers,

Lazlo

Congratulations on the pass and job

really pleased for you

Jen x

Cheers guys!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.915800,-1.529338

driverjohn:
Try not to move the steering wheel when you are reversing straight as even small movements will move the rear of the trailer out of line…

This is what I thought… I would happily reverse in a straight line and keep the wheel fairly still, but my instructor basically says, “don’t try and move straight back with a still wheel, you continually need to feed small movements into the steering in order to keep the trailer straight”.

Got a Permanent job already mon-fri tramping 3mth probation period first like but spot on just had an assessment today and it went spot on!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.892616,-1.538601

GavMc P11GT:
Got a Permanent job already mon-fri tramping 3mth probation period first like but spot on just had an assessment today and it went spot on!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.892616,-1.538601

who is it for?

ReedBoardall

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.918485,-1.525266