Got me licence back at last ... question though, please

Morning y’all,
To try and keep it brief …
May 2019 I had a TIA (mini stroke), so lost the C and CE off my licence for supposedly 12 months.
Had a medical with my doctor in May 2020, passed with flying colours.
Covid arrived so everything went into a go slow, fair enough.
December 2020 I finally heard back from DVLA, they wanted me to go to one of their docs for yet another medical.
Jan 2021, had 2nd medical with DVLA doc, all once again OK.
Just received my licence back in todays post (yeeeehaaaa) I am now C and CE once more :slight_smile:
My question please is …
Why was my licence entitlement for everything ‘without C and CE’ valid until 2030 (when I’ll be 70), but on my new licence, ‘EVERYTHING’ on it runs out on 3rd Feb next year ■■?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
(p.s. I will be asking DVLA the same question, but don’t expect to hear back from them for several months, lol)

It looks like possibly you have been put in a category where a yearly medical review will be due, which may or may not stay in place. Perhaps standard practice sort of thing for the conditions in your medical history.

I see what you are saying about the other categories. It is impossible to know for sure. Perhaps if a medical were to be failed a new licence without HGV would be reissued, putting you back in the position you were in before.

I AM GUESSINGYOU HAVE A PRE 97 CAR LICENCE :question:

That being the case then the pre 97s run until age 70 and the categories where you passed another test for are subject to D4 medical rules

Hence the two different dates

With both being in effect then you have 2 x LGV C1s with one under D4 rules and the other until age 70

Thanks for replying, yes I have a pre 97 car licence (1977) what’s baffled me is that once DVLA took my C and CE entitlement off my licence, everything that was left that I could drive then ran out in 2030 (when I’ll be 70) … when I got my new licence today, with my C and CE reinstated, EVERY single vehicle I can drive (which I assume includes a unicycle, lol) runs out on 3rd Feb next year instead … seems a bit odd.
(Actually, to throw another oddity, when I had my second medical with the DVLA doc, there was no BP test, no eyesight test, no treadmill test, which I was expecting, just lots of questions about alcohol, and a blood test … when I asked the doc why he was asking all these bizarre questions, he in return asked me when I had lost my licence to drink driving … when I said I hadn’t, it was a mini stroke, his attitude completely changed and he kept saying ‘Oh Bless’ over and over … I’m wondering if DVLA have mixed my records up with someone else … I’m virtually tea total due to the BP meds I’m on, I’m a non smoker, and I keep fit the best I can … it’s all been very odd)

ROG:
I AM GUESSINGYOU HAVE A PRE 97 CAR LICENCE :question:

That being the case then the pre 97s run until age 70 and the categories where you passed another test for are subject to D4 medical rules

Hence the two different dates

With both being in effect then you have 2 x LGV C1s with one under D4 rules and the other until age 70

DVLA struggle to get things right at times, I lost my HGV about 15 years ago because my D4 had been mistakenly ticked/noted that I suffered from Apnoea which I have never suffered or even been checked for, the Doctor
wrote a letter to DVLA admitting her mistake, I had to pay for a sleep study & it took a year to get my licence back, by then the Doctor had retired with apparently no contact address, then just to top it off some years later I noticed my
motor bike category had been deleted from the licence, once again DVLA said they could do nothing unless I can provide a pass certificate from 35 years earlier, Good news for my wife bike parked up and she was happy.