Got lost again

Heading from Felixstowe back to Northfleet last night, cruising along A14, completely missed A12 turn off, don’t even remember seeing it, next thing I know I’m at Stowmarket. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Is it just me or do others have this problem and whats the furthest you’ve gone before you realise?

I think we all have the capacity, wether we admit to it or not, to zone out, miss turnings, or, when arriving back at the yard, not being able to remember what happened over the last 15 minutes, not withstanding the traffic islands, lights ect that had to be negotiated?

Yes, done that on a few occasions.
Sort of on auto-pilot on regular routes. Often I would get to M4 J18 and not remember going past J15!
Tiredness or boredom I have no idea, but you sure are attentive for the rest of the journey…
Cheers
Paul

My usual occurance when driving for hours in zombie mode was to follow another truck for miles and then realise that he was not there any more. I have also gone around a roundabout a few times while I tried to remember where I was supposed to be going.
Do not worry about it though I survived until retirement.

I did the same thing on numerous occasions. The worst was when driving South on the M6, intending to take the M5. It wasn’t until I slowed down for traffic approaching J6, that I ‘woke up’.

Like numbum, I too survived more or less unscathed.

There i am chopsing to me lad on the phone, he’s driving a car transporter and was busily trying to turn it round in a side road cos he’d cocked up somewhere, so i’m doing the old ‘it could be worse it could be me routine’…

So as i’m thoroughly enjoying taking the ■■■■ mercilessly i inadvertantly drive onto the M40 Northbound instead of going up the A46 towards Warwick and Coventry…its a bloody long section from that junction up to either of the two M42 junctions suitable for turn around and back… :blush: he found that hilarious… :smiling_imp:

Going from Hull to the Stockyard I missed the M18 turn on the M62 & ended up going via the A1. It took me many weeks of reminding myself to take the M18 turn every time I went that way

peirre:
Going from Hull to the Stockyard I missed the M18 turn on the M62 & ended up going via the A1. It took me many weeks of reminding myself to take the M18 turn every time I went that way

Ha ha, done the same the other end of the M18, chatting away on ‘HANDS FREE’ [emoji15] & instead of heading south M1, I stayed left & had to do a Flip Flop at J33-Sheffield, cost me about half an hour because they were doing the roadworks [emoji1]

I missed the junction where the a1 (m) splits onto the m1. I was also heading for m18.
I was pretty much in zone out mode from when I left Newcastle

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

A long while ago I was in Cardiff and was delivering to a particular company who operated a few trucks and vans of their own. I had been to their place once before, but this was a year or so later and couldnt quite remember where it was.

My memory sort of kicked in and was following a road that looked familiar, when one of their trucks pulled out in front of me from a joining road.

Bingo thinks I, he’s heading back to the depot! and blindly followed him through many streets that didnt look familiar until we pulled up outside a row of houses. I had followed him home to where he was going for breakfast.

I was going up the m74 on Monday morning having started at 4am after the weekend. I thought to myself I’ll go to Annandale water services for a 45. Saw the sign for the services 1 mile away. 20 mins later I realised I’d gone further than a mile, totally forgot in that time that I’d planned to go in there! Totally zoned out

Numbum:
My usual occurance when driving for hours in zombie mode was to follow another truck for miles and then realise that he was not there any more. I have also gone around a roundabout a few times while I tried to remember where I was supposed to be going.
Do not worry about it though I survived until retirement.

ive done that :frowning: its frightening

On my first trip to Tilbury as a box jockey from Liverpool, prior to M25 through London
On to A13 got behind another container truck for miles convinced myself he was going to Tilbury Docks he then turned right I thought he must know a short cut followed him for about ten minutes, he then stops and gets out, are you going to Tilbury mate? Yes but I’ve come home for my dinner, explained to him it was my first trip to Tilbury Docks :smiley:

Intake/l39:
On my first trip to Tilbury as a box jockey from Liverpool, prior to M25 through London
On to A13 got behind another container truck for miles convinced myself he was going to Tilbury Docks he then turned right I thought he must know a short cut followed him for about ten minutes, he then stops and gets out, are you going to Tilbury mate? Yes but I’ve come home for my dinner, explained to him it was my first trip to Tilbury Docks :smiley:

Funny as…[emoji23][emoji41]

:laughing:

went up M11, onto M25 anti clock, on way to J18 for collection in Amersham,
got round to M4 before I realized I missed it,
had been doing a Thames Valley run in the previous weeks and just sailed past the junction, :unamused:

Has anybody ever missed the last junction before a toll bridge or the M6 toll?

the nodding donkey:
Has anybody ever missed the last junction before a toll bridge or the M6 toll?

Did it at Dartford once, was going to Lakeside shopping with the Mrs, had to pay twice,
Her fault for rabbiting on about nothing and distracting me :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

During my time on the *lorries" I had the fazed out experience on a number of occasions. :smiley: This did not really bother me a lot at the time as I always managed to get back to the yard or tipped no probs.

The thing is :frowning: :frowning: now that I have retired, I get dreams :unamused: It’s like all those boring bits that I could not be bothered with at the time, have come back to haunt me.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Driving dreams :imp: Sometimes they include the 3 liter Essex and the Granny with 4 on the floor.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When I was still driving, Multi drop steel for a company in Poynton, we used to put our deliveries in drop order and set off, looked at the next delivery note, saw the company name and town and off I went from the previous customer. Was a good delivery - open door, back in, take your chains off and wait for the crane driver.

Anyway gets there - opens door (thought its a bit quiet - but they must be on their lunch), backs in, takes my chains off - waits a minute , nobody around - walks to find the crane driver (knew where he hid :smiley: ) - he’s says “what you want - we are closed for stocktaking”, me being a smarty pants says “well you ordered it” - he checks the note “no we did not” I am at the wrong drop - right town, wrong customer :blush: off I drives listening to his laughter