Got Licence Back From DVLA With Provisional Cat C & D

Hi there,

Just had licence back from DVLA after an agonising 5-6 week wait, with provisional Cat C (and D, not though I’d prefer to deliver goods than passengers), also with provisional Cat A, would like to get my motorbike licence. I’m so glad. :sunglasses: :smiley: , I gather nest stage is to do the theory and the CPC theory, before I can do the practical.

You don’t need to do the CPC Mod 2 before you do your training, but it does make sense to do it at the same time as your theory. And remember you also need to do your hazard perception as well.

Now is also the time to start booking assessment drives with training providers.

You don’t need to do the CPC Mod 2 before you do your training, but it does make sense to do it at the same time as your theory. And remember you also need to do your hazard perception as well.

Now is also the time to start booking assessment drives with training providers.

+1 … and all the best with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

5 to 6 weeks? Crikey!!

I only sent mine off yesterday.

Many have booked all three theory modules on the same day at the theory test centre with great results
1a theory
1b HPT
2 dcpc theory

Do not worry if the times are well apart on the same day as in most cases they let you take the next almost immediately

5 to 6 weeks? Crikey!!

I only sent mine off yesterday.

Provisionals frequently arrive within a couple of weeks. But there are exceptions of course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

When I sent off for my provisional, it took 4 weeks without any news. I phoned DVLA asking about it and the lady said it was either just running very late or had simply been lost in the mail. I asked her to send me another one, knowing that the first one, if it did turn up would no longer be valid.

Two days later, the first licence arrived.

Two days after, the second one.

They’re like the bloody bus service!

Way hay I’m in the same boat. Just got my licence back but only took two weeks. Had one assessment drive which was brilliant, absolutely loved it. Instructor told me I would need 4 days training plus test in a manual which chuffed me to bits. Got a second assessment drive on Thursday in an automatic and got theory and HP booked in two weeks and CPC in three.
Really looking forward to the actual training. I sound like an excited kid at Christmas. By the way I’m 44

Thanks Pete.

I sent mine recorded delivery and it’s been signed for so I just gotta wait for it to come back.

Out of interest to the OP, did you request all those provisional entitlements or did they just give them to you?

I had provisional Cat A anyway, Cat C was the one I’m most interested in, the boss of the training school also teach Cat D, so he said go for Cat D too, as if I change my mind and want to learn to drive busses I can.

Got mine back within a couple of weeks and they had to send it back to me as I forgot to include all the paperwork.

Gotta brush up on my theory and hazard percep and book it myself