Got interview on Monday!

Got a interview with Muller Wisemans and assessment drive on Monday.
Any advise?

Which one ? With regards to the drive use plenty of mirrors, read the road ahead, stick to speed limit , accelerate nice and smooth and generally drive in a safe and fuel efficient manner, oh and swot up on your highway code maybe.

Cheers.
It’s the Bridgwater depot.

I will re read my books over the weekend lol

Stupid question alert! Sorry In advance…

What should I wear? Surely with doing a drive they arnt expecting suited and booted?
Should I wear my safety boots?

bcfc1710:

What should I wear? Surely with doing a drive they arnt expecting suited and booted?

Yes I would but give them a lick of polish, also smart jeans or good clean work trousers with a polo shirt , try not to wear a round neck T shirt I don’t think they’re right for an interview. Don’t forget hi-vis , gloves and your licenses/cards, and look the interviewer in the eye.

bald bloke:

bcfc1710:

Yes I would but give them a lick of polish, also smart jeans or good clean work trousers with a polo shirt , try not to wear a round neck T shirt I don’t think they’re right for an interview. Don’t forget hi-vis , gloves and your licenses/cards, and look the interviewer in the eye.

That’s a bit below the belt :wink: :wink:

Had interview with them today in leeds ,I had two 10 question tests basic maths and English and about 20 questions on drivers hours and Reqs. Then taken on test drive in Scania 26 t with opticruise drive was about 20 mins and reverse on to a loading bay.i just drove in my shoes that I was wearing with shirt and trousers had boots in car just in case .do not forget passport CPc card,licence both parts and digicard. They are helpful and will show you everything about the truck if you have not driven a Scania before. Good luck stick to speed limits and when possible use cruise control they like good Eco driving you will be fine do not worry.

Jonny74

clean smart work wear . just as if you were goin to drive for them they want to see how your going to look if you pass the important stuff …

jonny74:
Had interview with them today in leeds ,I had two 10 question tests basic maths and English and about 20 questions on drivers hours and Reqs. Then taken on test drive in Scania 26 t with opticruise drive was about 20 mins and reverse on to a loading bay.i just drove in my shoes that I was wearing with shirt and trousers had boots in car just in case .do not forget passport CPc card,licence both parts and digicard. They are helpful and will show you everything about the truck if you have not driven a Scania before. Good luck stick to speed limits and when possible use cruise control they like good Eco driving you will be fine do not worry.

Jonny74

Cheers all!
Ideal I will wear shoes then but have boots in the car.
Did they tell you out come there and then?

Were the questions fairly straight forward?

Well hadn’t heard anything since this, had a call this morning offering me the job! Start Monday 4th August! Absolutely delighted!!! Feel bad about letting driver hire down but in the long run think Muller Wisemans is a good starting point!!

bcfc1710:
Well hadn’t heard anything since this, had a call this morning offering me the job! Start Monday 4th August! Absolutely delighted!!! Feel bad about letting driver hire down but in the long run think Muller Wisemans is a good starting point!!

sod driver hire they would have only passed you from a 2 z .

Well done fella just don’t milk it :wink:

nick2008:

bcfc1710:

sod driver hire they would have only passed you from a 2 z …

Yep - and they wouldn’t have felt bad letting you down!

Good luck with the new job!

bcfc1710:

Well done m8 , don’t feel bad about dh im sure they get it all the time and they will still call few years down the line for a shift lol , good luck with job .

Good luck with the new job && well done!!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Cheers for the replies. Start tomorrow at 9am. Hoping it’s just 1 day in the office and out with someone Tuesday.

All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

nick2008:

bcfc1710:

sod driver hire they would have only passed you from a 2 z .

Well done fella just don’t milk it :wink:

Try and get on a cream run…

Don’t brake hard & spill the milk !

Congrats on the fact that Yo’got a new job.

Don’t forget to do a ‘Dairy’ & record your hours.

I’m going home now, I’m feeling Mullered.

:laughing: :laughing:

2 days in not even sat in a truck yet lol! Just health and safety stuff and induction to company!