Got fined in France!, 2385 euros!

Find a legal team that can assist in foreign fines,maybe attend the court date to get the money back,they are hoping you wont attend the court,when they fine the eastern euro drivers,can you see them attending with the language barrier,and getting time off to travel across europe to attend.

I know if I had been fined €2385 I would still be there and so would my lorry, they would be feeding me until I had eaten that amount’s worth :stuck_out_tongue:

Hand them the keys,and start hitching home,they will then have to arrest you for some law that has been broken,they then are duty bound to take care of you,ie lock you up,so you dont get knocked over while walking away up the road.

am i reading this correctly?
you got fined for a weekly rest period of 45 hours but were away from base? on analogue tachos?
well technically you have committed an offence as you are not supposed to have a 45 in the truck (as informed by mr coffeeholic) and also if you were in the truck you should have left a blank tacho in to show your rest period according to the french.
as for passport, it may be property of the queen toby but i think as the OP’s username is ro trucker and his english is good but not perfect one can assume he may be romanian? and therefore he doesn’t have a queen! if the OP is not romanian i do apologise in advance :blush:

WBIS,you are correct,in France,they will want to see proof that you have not moved for 45 hours,which means setting the alarm in the early hours to change over the card,when it runs out in a 24 hour period,ie,you park up Saturday morning at 3 am,by Sunday morning, at 3 am , on your WEEKLY rest,you have to disturb it, to change the card over,and put another one in to show you have parked up and not moved in the weekend.

Lets say i dumped the truck at a lay by 30 miles from Paris,and caught a train to stay the weekend at Paris,does that mean i have to get back to the truck to change over the card at the weekend.Would the end and start mileage suffice as proof the truck did not move on a weekend off,and that way you do not need to put two cards in at the weekend??

no toby just put one card in for the weekend rest, but as he took a 45 away from base if he didn’t put a card in he can’t prove he didn’t do anything else.
if he’d been at base he wouldn’t need an attestation form for a weekend 45 nor if he had a digicard and left it in.
i think they have fined him for a 45 away from base with no proof of not having done anything else and i’m led to believe that a 45 in a truck is technically illegal

Think he has lost the deposit and the case.

That may explain why the Taliban drivers HIDE at the weekend,with curtains drawn all over the weekend,so when they do a spot check,the cab doors are locked,and the driver will lay on the bunk untill the old bill leave,as like you said,they should be in a hotel that the boss must pay for,while away from base,but we know what really happens,can you imagine the bill for 6000 Waberer drivers staying at the Formulae one chain cheapo hotel chains.

Yes, The Queen own my passport,but at origin from Ro.
In 12 years of transport,been stopped so many times, and in the past years,I done a lot of 45 hrs breaks,away from base,and never got a issue with autorities about it. I don’t know anymore,u seems you know the rules and follow it,and suddenly someone come to you,and realise you know nothing. Every time in a past four week ends,I did have the tacho in,on abrake,and change the tacho,after every 24 hr,so I don’t know!!

The reason,I post the toppic,it was to make the people aware about the nature of my fine,and if is something to be learn from it,that mean I reach what I want. One thing I learn from it,I will go less in France,from now on!!!

welshboyinspain:
am i reading this correctly?
you got fined for a weekly rest period of 45 hours but were away from base? on analogue tachos?
well technically you have committed an offence as you are not supposed to have a 45 in the truck (as informed by mr coffeeholic)

But they didn’t do him for that. It was for not having a letter of attestation, something not required by the legislation. The OP said he was done for,

ro trucker:
cause I’ve haven’t the paper from company confirming the weekly rest,is not valid the weekly-brake.

So not for a 45 in the cab.

welshboyinspain:
and also if you were in the truck you should have left a blank tacho in to show your rest period according to the french.

While that is a good idea it isn’t a legal requirement.

toby1234abc:
WBIS,you are correct,in France,they will want to see proof that you have not moved for 45 hours,which means setting the alarm in the early hours to change over the card,when it runs out in a 24 hour period,ie,you park up Saturday morning at 3 am,by Sunday morning, at 3 am , on your WEEKLY rest,you have to disturb it, to change the card over,and put another one in to show you have parked up and not moved in the weekend.

You don’t need to change the card. That card means nothing and isn’t required by the regulations so it really doesn’t matter if it runs for more than 24 hours.

Why can’t you have a 45 hour break in the truck?

I have always had 45 off away from base in the cab,not been fined for it,if i was stopped,i did not have to prove if i was in the cab or not,as in they did not ask for a hotel receipt.

Coffeeholic:

welshboyinspain:
and also if you were in the truck you should have left a blank tacho in to show your rest period according to the french.

i agree that its not a legal requirement but thats not how the french gendarmes see it and unless you are fluent in french and prepared to argue the toss with them and stand your ground then they can pretty much do what they want.
a couple of months ago i posted about britlad getting fined in france and he was informed by a gendarme that you can’t do a 10 hour drive if starting and ending in france even though its a european rule :open_mouth: apparently a german driver with britlad at the time paid a fine for this offence.
now i know its wrong as do you but the gendarmes have guns and nice boots so who’s right :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

Coffeeholic:

welshboyinspain:

i agree that its not a legal requirement but thats not how the french gendarmes see it and unless you are fluent in french and prepared to argue the toss with them and stand your ground then they can pretty much do what they want.

I am not fluent in French but I would argue it all the way, and have done in the past.

Harry Monk:

The regulations don’t allow it.

Article 8

1. Where a driver chooses to do this, daily rest periods and
    reduced weekly rest periods away from base may be taken in a
    vehicle, as long as it has suitable sleeping facilities for each
    driver and the vehicle is stationary.

Article 8 (8) defines the type of rest which can be taken in a vehicle and a full weekly rest isn’t one of them.

I presume this means that although you can be “weekended”, i.e. tip on Friday afternoon and load on Monday morning in Italy or somesuch, that you can only count it as a 24 hour rest period then?

Coffeeholic:

Harry Monk:

The regulations don’t allow it.

Article 8

1. Where a driver chooses to do this, daily rest periods and
    reduced weekly rest periods away from base may be taken in a
    vehicle, as long as it has suitable sleeping facilities for each
    driver and the vehicle is stationary.

Article 8 (8) defines the type of rest which can be taken in a vehicle and a full weekly rest isn’t one of them.

Well bugger my old boots I never knew that!

skids:
Well bugger my old boots I never knew that!

Nor me. I have been away on roadshows around Europe for as long as 13 weeks before, and even though I would only drive for one or two days a week, and would often have three days a week off in a row, it would seem that I was breaking the Law.

Presumably, the likes of TransAm, StageTruck etc are also falling foul of this?