Got different truck feeling uncomfortable any one else

I drive the same truck all the time so it feel like an old slipper and is just like home inside with all my tramping bits n bobs
How ever this week due to turbo seal going I’ve got a different truck even though it’s still an 18t sleeper MAN TGM same age it don’t feel right and strange even after 2 days
Any one else get that when their normal truck is off the road ?

Not had a different truck before now but I hate it when it comes back from service. The seat position is all wrong, same with the steering wheel. The service place is only 3 miles up the road, why do they need to mess with it. Same goes for the radio, always come back to find it on Smooth Radio!

Nope. You’re a pansy :0)

I tramp in a different vehicle every week. Last week I had 3 vehicles. You get used to it.

Adjusting to a different truck should not take long for an experienced driver. 20 mins maybe half a day tops.
Of course you should have to re adjust the seat and steering as we are all different sizes. Safety first an all that.
When I was on the petrol tankers in London there were some days when we would drive 2 or even 3 different trucks and that could mean jumping from an artic to an eight wheeler and back again all with different gearboxes etc. No poofy autos in these days. :laughing:

Radar19:
Not had a different truck before now but I hate it when it comes back from service. The seat position is all wrong, same with the steering wheel. The service place is only 3 miles up the road, why do they need to mess with it. Same goes for the radio, always come back to find it on Smooth Radio!

Bimey, its a hard life you have

Never work on an agency…

The only time I had problems with a new truck (regular job, regular truck as there was only 1 rigid for 1 contract), was with a Scania. Couldn’t figure out the clutch. Had some very scary times where it just didn’t move because of it’s ■■■■ bloody “clutch saver”. Awful. Don’t see why driver’s on here wee themselves in excitement over scanias…

I hated having somebody elses truck when mine was on service etc, no matter how good/newer/faster it was it wasn’t ‘yours’ and everything felt wrong. I usually took time off until my own was ready again and always had a weeks holiday at MOT time! :sunglasses:

Pete.

Blimey some people get to comfortable.

Today i drove:

Only difference from those pictures is i had a cattle trailer on the new Volvo and a tractor unit on the back of the Renault beast.

midlifetrucker:
Nope. You’re a pansy :0)

+1

blue estate:
I drive the same truck all the time so it feel like an old slipper and is just like home inside with all my tramping bits n bobs
How ever this week due to turbo seal going I’ve got a different truck even though it’s still an 18t sleeper MAN TGM same age it don’t feel right and strange even after 2 days

When my POS is off the road, I throw a party!
Seriously, you need to drive a 2629 Axor for a day, that’s when you’ll feel uncomfortable! :laughing: :laughing:

Gembo:

blue estate:

When my POS is off the road, I throw a party!
Seriously, you need to drive a 2629 Axor for a day, that’s when you’ll feel uncomfortable! :laughing: :laughing:

No I’ve driven 26t Axor curtain sider all the get up and go of a corpse when loaded with 13 pallets of plaster board

If I’m reading the OP right, then a company I recently worked for had two identical vehicles. Delivered at the same time, registered with the same reg barring one letter, same mileage after five years of almost identical work. Mine would outpull the other, change gear easier and quicker (auto box) was quieter, better on fuel and never had hardly anything go wrong with it. The other was frankly a bag of bolts, gutless, rattled, leaked like a sieve and forever in the workshop.
We had a regular agency bloke ( great chap!) who covered days off and holidays and he hated the other one with a passion, so it wasnt just me!

Twoninety88:
If I’m reading the OP right, then a company I recently worked for had two identical vehicles. Delivered at the same time, registered with the same reg barring one letter, same mileage after five years of almost identical work. Mine would outpull the other, change gear easier and quicker (auto box) was quieter, better on fuel and never had hardly anything go wrong with it. The other was frankly a bag of bolts, gutless, rattled, leaked like a sieve and forever in the workshop.
We had a regular agency bloke ( great chap!) who covered days off and holidays and he hated the other one with a passion, so it wasnt just me!

Yep got it in one :wink: Both MAN 18t TGM 2008 my regular one has done 630000 lm other one done 563000 km
I also hate the other one as it’s got those stupid ratchet straps on bungees from the roof

Is there any reason why a Daf 85 is easier to get the seat right, than a 75?

blue estate:

No.
At the end of the day its a company vehicle.

Suedehead:

blue estate:

No.
At the end of the day its a company vehicle.

Had to drive a lorry from another depot(11 plate) for nigh on a month,whilst my regular motor (15 plate)was off the road.
Didn"t really want to give it back . . . well it had a manual gearbox for starters :slight_smile:

It doesn’t take long to adjust, but no I don’t like driving other peoples trucks.

I used to be like this a good few year ago, would get really apprehensive if I had to drive a spot hire or summit. But last few year I’m in a different truck everyday, just awe the same now. Course you have your preferences but I’ll drive anything they put in front of me don’t give a toss anymore.

Radar19:

You must get yours serviced at the same place as ours :unamused: