Got Class One Training Book In Jan Just Looking For some Tip

Hi all

Im new To this form, i passed my cat c in October this year first time and did both my case study and mod 4 in November, passed both, one with 45 and other with 95% on the mod 4,

I have my class 1 book for the 6th of Jan and with the test being on the 10th at 1:45 at Grimsby lgv

Im looking forward to the reversing as i enjoy a good challenge, just looking for some tips and help if possible

thanks you

Car B 2001
Motorcycle A 2013
Class 2 C/C1 2013
CPC\DQC Card

Check out the link in my signature below

I’ve always found it easy to train folks who have no pre-conceived ideas on reversing. My advice: listen, and listen well, to your trainer. If they’re any good, you’ll have it sorted in a couple of hours tops. If they have to get other info out of your head first, it’ll take longer.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

When I was training for my class 1 with Peter Smythe the trainer said I was a little tense and suggested I try moving my hands from a “ten to two” position, to a “twenty past eight” position. I tried it and the effect was immediate. It makes your shoulders drop and for me the tension dropped too. I tried to drive for the rest of the week like that and was much more relaxed. While on my test I found myself tensing up and very deliberately changed my hand position and took a few deep breaths, the test seemed less stressful from that point on and I passed on my first attempt. I’m not suggesting this is all you have to do to pass but an awful lot of folk on here fail because nerves got the better of them so any little thing that can calm you is worth a try.
all the very best of luck
Rich

thanks for everyone support and help,

passed first time with 5 minors

over the moon,

cooked the reverse up had to have 2 shunts but after that calm me down if honest for the rest of the drive,

thinking about doing me bus test now to get the full set does anyone around grimsby/cleethorpes that do bus training ?