Got a way with it!

Come on , own up what have you ever done ( accident damage , mechanical , or anything else that cost your firm loads )…didn’t report it- and got away with it :slight_smile:

Hi.
A question more likely to get answers would be along the lines. How many times was your lorry,NOT where it was supposed to be on the Log Book… LOL
And NO!!!,you cannot have a pound for every time this happened,the countries BROKE !! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
hulltramper

hulltramper:
Hi.
A question more likely to get answers would be along the lines. How many times was your lorry,NOT where it was supposed to be on the Log Book… LOL

Love it!!

(How long before some young 'un asks ‘wots a log book?’)

Steve

Hitchin home one night on a dodgy, got picked up by one of the office lads on his way back home from a meeting,…he never said anything…respect… :wink:

I hereby plead the 5th amendment- “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me”.
Toooooo many to remember! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Pulling up outside my local chippy one night with the lorry I go in to get tea as I’m not expected home. In walks the boss and say’s "I thought you were on a night out tonight? " I am I replied :laughing: to which he said “fair enough just get in a bit earlier and do me a local” He was ok like that :wink:

But do you really get away with it? Doesn’t Karma come and get you back?

I’m typing this one-handed as I recover from a dislocated shoulder. A trailer door un-hooked its self and the wind blew it round; knocking my arm out of joint. What did I do to deserve that? It’s years since I used dodgy permits, ran on red diesel, brought in a bit of baccy and pulled a fuse.

ChrisArbon:
But do you really get away with it? Doesn’t Karma come and get you back?

I’m typing this one-handed as I recover from a dislocated shoulder. A trailer door un-hooked its self and the wind blew it round; knocking my arm out of joint. What did I do to deserve that? It’s years since I used dodgy permits, ran on red diesel, brought in a bit of baccy and pulled a fuse.

Aha! You see Chris, Gods gonna getcha for that. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Hope the arms better soon especially as it’s nearly the Festive Season and you’ll have to be bending it a bit by then.

I remember a chap I worked with who took his Wife and 2 Kids to Blackpool one Bank Holiday Weekend. Seeing as we all took our units home he took them in his F86 had a nice day out , unfortunately for him Granada Reports had a reporter filming at Preston the traffic jams that used to occur on Blackpool Road he made the 6,30 evening news crawling past behind the reporter on his way home. Boss asked him what sort of a weekend he,d had he of course confessed the Boss told him to ask next time!

:blush: Harrisons of Dewsbury, it was 1959, AEC Mk111 MM, I was only a lad, jumped in it in the yard, never noticed the little red “STOP” flag (no spring brakes in those days) ran it straight square on into a wall. :open_mouth: :blush: Damage■■? bent the trailer pushing bar, ( ■■■■ good job i wasn’t going any faster), the wall survived.
Lesson learned. Off I went to Manchester with my Ford 4D, never heard a thing about the “incident”.

I always did the job correctly and to the book, so I never had to worry about getting away with things even when we ran on log SHEETS they were always immaculate when I handed them in ,in fact they were so clean and tidy anyone would think that they had been written out at home the day before handing them in . :sunglasses: :unamused:

cheers Johnnie :wink:

P S they were just like this post :blush:

I am also pleading the 5th.

two similar occasions years apart . first time reversing out of the underground car park in preston , finally got to reverse out onto the road , a car parked exactly where the back end had to go . stood scratching my head when along comes a bobby and tickets the car ( on double yellows ) . he turned to me " jump in driver and follow my instructions " he backed me acoss the road pushed the car out of the way and away i went , never heard a word about it . second time delivering in nantwich , the only way out was to turn right into a narrow road , reverse up and draw out . trouble was mr blue badge had dumped his car on double yellows smack opposite the road end . i inched round but the underun bar remodelled his front wing . reported it to a patrolling traffic cop , and told the boss to expect an insurance claim but he never heard a thing about it . cheers , dave