Got a tip in Wandsworth tomorrow morning, best way please

Got a tip near Wandsworth prison down the A217 for 8am crane offload. I’m at Beaconsfield and the Snoooer sat nab is sending me on the M4 onto the A4 down the A219 over Putney Bridge then left onto the A3209, left onto the A3 then right onto the A217.
Trouble is in my Phillips truckers atlas it is showing there is a 13’ bridge on the A3209 but on my sat nav it’s not showing up? I’m travelling at 14’11 so I don’t want to follow the sat nav if there is that bridge, also there seems to be a few bridges lower my trailer around that area. Would be better and possibly quicker going down the A308 past Staines and picking up the A3 upto Wandsworth? All advice will be appreciated thanks :slight_smile:

Presuming the sat nav means you to turn at putney cop shop can’t you miss that turn and go down to the 205 ,what are the bridges by the station ?edit google says 15 ft. !

This one?

google.co.uk/maps/search/wa … VvGdSw!2e0

Dan Punchard:
Presuming the sat nav means you to turn at putney cop shop can’t you miss that turn and go down to the 205 ,what are the bridges by the station ?edit google says 15 ft. !

It’s down as 14’9 in the truckers atlas on the 205, ain’t checked on Google to be fair though. Would it be quicker going the A408 and A3 instead of around Fulham and Putney?

At that time of mornin I’d just go round the m25 to junc 10, head down the A3 all the way into Wandsworth and round the one way system to the A217

Ah that bridge is on a side street off the 209 but looking in the map it looks as though it’s its actually on the 209 it’s self.

selby newcomer:
At that time of mornin I’d just go round the m25 to junc 10, head down the A3 all the way into Wandsworth and round the one way system to the A217

Yeah just had a look and your probably right. Bet I get a ticket because no doubt the crane won’t be set up at 8 and I’ll be parked outside on double reds probably :unamused:

selby newcomer:

+1

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

selby newcomer:

Yeah just had a look and your probably right. Bet I get a ticket because no doubt the crane won’t be set up at 8 and I’ll be parked outside on double reds probably :unamused:

Personally the way I said is the way I’d go, hardly any traffic lights and all motorway and DC until you get to Roehampton and very little traffic at that time.

You might be ok, the council wardens don’t do the red routes I don’t think, I’m sure it’s still the old school wardens who cover them and they tend to use a bit more common sense, hopefully.

safe way in, m25/jun10 a3, follow a3 to wandsworth west hill into w/w come to one way follow around keep to right armory way,at traffic lights t/r into fairfield street signing a3 c/london, then t/l up east hill, at top you cross bridge over trinity rd, keep right road loops back, which is northside wandsworth common take left fork slip onto trinity road, to traffic lights t/r b234 windmill rd, then t/l heathfield rd prison on right.
hope this helps no bridge worry, bye the way putney bri is closed stay away.

What COOP has said. I know you might think it’s a bit of a drag but if you are at Beaconsfield Services and go round the M25 to the A3, it is safe all the way.

As you approach the speed camera on the A3 just before the Ace of Spades underpass, back it down to 50 and stick with it all the way the lights at Roehampton Lane. There are 5 cameras all the way to the Robin Hood roundabout and they all work. When you hit the 40 just before Robin Hood, back it off again. Once through the lights at Robin Hood Gate, you go up the hill past Asda, mind the bus lane on the left on the 3 lane bit, it has a camera on it.

If you are out before 13.00 and have a flat trailer, then you can go back over Wandsworth Bridge, do a right follow this round to the right, then go up through Earls Court on the A3220 to the A4, chuck a left at Tesco and follow this out to the M4 or go straight past Tesco up to Shepards Bush Water tower and up to the A40.

Hope this helps

einstein:
What COOP has said. I know you might think it’s a bit of a drag but if you are at Beaconsfield Services and go round the M25 to the A3, it is safe all the way.

As you approach the speed camera on the A3 just before the Ace of Spades underpass, back it down to 50 and stick with it all the way the lights at Roehampton Lane. There are 5 cameras all the way to the Robin Hood roundabout and they all work. When you hit the 40 just before Robin Hood, back it off again. Once through the lights at Robin Hood Gate, you go up the hill past Asda, mind the bus lane on the left on the 3 lane bit, it has a camera on it.

If you are out before 13.00 and have a flat trailer, then you can go back over Wandsworth Bridge, do a right follow this round to the right, then go up through Earls Court on the A3220 to the A4, chuck a left at Tesco and follow this out to the M4 or go straight past Tesco up to Shepards Bush Water tower and up to the A40.

Hope this helps

You can go in the bus lane up the hill past asda.

Thanks for the advice lads I took the A3 route and it was a doddle :smiley: Trouble is like a thick ■■■■ I haven’t taken much notice of my fortnightly driving and I now have 4 hr 20 mins to get back to Barnsley when I’m tipped here! :blush: :confused:

My advice is to avoid places like Putney Bridge and the surrounding roads like the plague at rush hour, same goes for Hammersmith. They’re often gridlocked. They’re digging up Hammersmith flyover and there’s tailbacks for miles on the A4 (which also has joining traffic from the M3 at Chiswick).

Thanks Seany.

The old grey matter wasn’t doing that well at 05.15 this morning.

Once upon a time one of the lads where I was working at the time got a ticket for that bit of bus lane. They have since changed it and it’s a few months since I have been that way.