Got a new Euro 6 DAF CF or XF?

Found the training videos from DAF on Youtube we got shown at Howdens when we got new CFs so you can learn to drive them how they’re supposed to be and of nothing else it tells you what every switch does, how to use adaptive cruise control, DPF regen etc etc. Makes a world of difference to a truck when you use them how the manufacturer intended and you’re not looking at switches wondering what the hell it does.

CF

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … x32Q71GdNa

XF

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … -HyGRFh5Qv

Can’t beat trying to work out what each switch does at 56mph on the motorway.

I had a go in one when on flour deliveries; It didn’t like me block changing the gears, which contradicted the SAFED/DCPC course I did a while ago.
I like the new CF, boss has been given a quote for a new one for me (8x4 tipper) but the price is hilarious.

They’re a nice drive and the gearbox is a lot better than the 59/60 plate XFs they replaced.

In regards to the block changing, upshifting doesn’t matter that much and they will do it. Downshifting on engine braking they’ll do it more than you’d probably be happy with. Coming down from Stainmore on the A66 westbound loaded using hill descent on cruise control it’ll sit in 10th gear at 50MPH 100RPM from the redline using engine braking all the way down. And it’ll hold it at that at 44 tonnes which I found very impressive.

Conor:
They’re a nice drive and the gearbox is a lot better than the 59/60 plate XFs they replaced.

In regards to the block changing, upshifting doesn’t matter that much and they will do it. Downshifting on engine braking they’ll do it more than you’d probably be happy with. Coming down from Stainmore on the A66 westbound loaded using hill descent on cruise control it’ll sit in 10th gear at 50MPH 100RPM from the redline using engine braking all the way down. And it’ll hold it at that at 44 tonnes which I found very impressive.

Great to hear about a motor being driven properly !!!.

Conor:
Found the training videos from DAF on Youtube we got shown at Howdens when we got new CFs so you can learn to drive them how they’re supposed to be and of nothing else it tells you what every switch does, how to use adaptive cruise control, DPF regen etc etc. Makes a world of difference to a truck when you use them how the manufacturer intended and you’re not looking at switches wondering what the hell it does.

CF

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … x32Q71GdNa

XF

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … -HyGRFh5Qv

Its a daf connor ,its like a lego motor with the switches ,only thing thing that causes trauma is the interior light switch :neutral_face: