Got a interveiw for a shunter job TDG ossett

going for a interview next week at TDG osset for a shunter job,since i left mt last job i had around 6 months driving a arctic since then i have found it hard to get any class 1 work due to me having my class 1 less then 2 years,so i thought i would give this a go plenty of reversing onto bays ect , mind you i dont have much experiance and i imagine there will be a driving test :open_mouth: and my inexperance will show i geuss , but y :laughing: ou never know

as long as you have told the truth you should be ok.

good luck

Be careful, confident and GO FOR IT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, good luck with it. Best advice for going backwards…relax, confidence, don’t rush and don’t worry if you balls it up. Pull off the bay and start again…I sometimes do, even after 21 years of it!

If they test you on a proper shunting moter is is ■■■■ easy back on to bay then pull forward a bit then drop it.
Just take it easy and u will b fine.
Good Luck

I have a feeling that the work at Ossett is mostly c/sider … so you are loading under a canopy thro’ the side … just have a “box” marked on the floor.

I have this view that every single Class 1 driver should do a stint as a shunter. It improves your reversing abilities no end.

Don’t worry about the inexperience. One shunter I had to train had been driving decades and couldn’t hit a loading bay. His reversing was terrible mainly because he hardly ever had to do it in the type of work he did.

Conor:
I have this view that every single Class 1 driver should do a stint as a shunter. It improves your reversing abilities no end.

Don’t worry about the inexperience. One shunter I had to train had been driving decades and couldn’t hit a loading bay. His reversing was terrible mainly because he hardly ever had to do it in the type of work he did.

Wise words there mate!

I did a few months shunting for ASDA and then for NEXT at Emsall.

Good skills learned very quickly!