Got a full time job!

After passing my test on the 19th of October I have been doing the agency thing while looking for something more permanent.

I have been for a driving assessment at Hargreaves today in Royston, Barnsley, and after filling a few forms in I was introduced to a bloke who would take me out in a Scania tipper for a test run.

I found the gears a little awkward ar first (Range change 8 speed box, never used one before) but I soon got into it. I had just walked back into the house at about 12.15 and my mobile rang, it was their office, offering me a job to start on Monday, i duly accepted!

So here goes my first full time LGV 2 job, looking forward to it too!

well done Paul all the best with the new job

hope you will keep us all up to date ,

good one mate were u woking before ?

I was just doing some work for Solutions in Barnsley working for John Dennis, Tuffnells etc.

I’m not sure about the hourly rate at Hargreaves though, i was so surprised I’d got the job I forgot to ask :blush: and THAT aint like me!

Oh well, at least its a start and welcome the experience.

Well done and all the best with the new job :smiley:

congrats & well done with getting the job…keep us all updated on how your doing mate

well done mate i hope it goes well for you.

congrats mate on your first fulltime job :smiley:

Well done, pleased for you, have fun and good luck with it, maybe a first week diary is an idea?

Nice one.
All the best in your new job.

CM:
maybe a first week diary is an idea?

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, its very much appreciated!

I’ll take my camera with me and try and get some decent pics, then I’ll type up a diary and post it on Friday.

Looking forward to starting, although a bit nervous I’ll admit :slight_smile:

Paul it is okay to be nervous,but mate

try not to worry and take every thing as

it comes, if in doubt,ask,if your unsure

of the lay of the land where you need to

enter,STOP;GOand LOOK ;AND AGAIN

ASK; you will be fineand by the way

you are not alone as every one here will

say they were the same,as regards

the first driveing job,LOOKING FOWARD

to your POST on FRIDAY;HAVE A NICE WEEK

MATE;