Gordon Tullett

There used to be a firm out of the Ipswich area by the name of Gordon Tullett, they ran a tidy fleet of mostly Scanias with white curtainside trailers, always seemed very clean, I think he (Gordon) was related to George Tullet who runs out of Woolwich, anyway I was in Montana or Wyoming or somewhere over that way & saw a, I think it was a Mack, with Gordon Tullett written on the doors a few months back, I forgot all about it until today so i can’t remember where it was based, I’m sure it was out west somewhere, but it could be anywhere. Does anyone know if this is the same bloke as the one from Ipswich?

I remember them Mark they had a special Foden on about a G.reg it was in the truck mags done cola work from sidcup real beast of a thing

used to do lots from coca cola out of milton keynes also. A right tidy fleet and the drivers used to praise the job up quite loudly, mate of mine worked on there for a while and had no complaints

I very much doubt it’s the same gordon. The last i heard he was back driving over here. Gordons last venture was to buy a small company in felixstowe and turn it upside down. Got in to lots of debt and could’nt pay the drivers who barracadded themselves ih his yard not sure they ever got paid. But that was the end of gordon untill he turned up driving for a firm in harwich. He may even be retired now.

I remember Gordon Tullett from the 80’s,he then had a Scania 142 Intercooler with a tag-axle,used to subbie for Machins Felixstowe depot.
He was George Tulletts brother.
IIRC his 142 was then bought by Dave Allen when he set up as an O/D,pulling for Ferrymasters.

A lad I used to work with told me he worked for Gordon Tullet International based at Hadleigh Suffolk, when the firm went belly up he and his wife joined many others in barrackading themselves into the companies premises in an effort to get back money owed to them. aparently the drivers were not only in disute about lost wages but also had expenses owed to them, they had to pay the tolls when abroad and claim them back for inclusion in their wages the following month. I was told that the money was clawed back by the drivers by selling everthing of value from the offices by sneaking stuff out while they occupied the yard. ALLEGEDLY the company was reborn a few times under other guise which was always a derivative of the initials GTI,

They featured in Trucking international magazine Dec 93, with their new M.A.N 22.370 L227 ULP.

Peterborough 94/95?