GOPTAM

Anyone remember an F89 out of Great Yarmouth with this emblazoned across it’s sun visor? Time slot late 70’s - M/E makeover - sand / green as I remember, but I don’t think it went that far…

sellia:
Anyone remember an F89 out of Great Yarmouth with this emblazoned across it’s sun visor? Time slot late 70’s - M/E makeover - sand / green as I remember, but I don’t think it went that far…

Hello Sellia, the name GOPTAM was an acronym of two peoples initials, Geoff ■■ Payne and Trevor ■■ Matthews. The F89 was painted two-tone brown I think, I’ll have to find the photo I have of it to check. Anyway Geoff drove it from new and I had many nights out with him in the late 70’s. After the GOPTAM days the motor was bought by Malcolm Payne (no relation) to replace his ageing ex BRS Overland Marathon. I can remember him running it for several years on Norfolk Line. After that I don’t know, but I think the reg. was WPW 881S or something very close. Regards, Haddy Gt. Yarmouth.

I remember going Birds eyes when i was a boy with my Dad and seein all them Norfolk Line boys parked on the sea front propa motors top tackle with all the furniture on them remember some unit with eagle or big bird on side years later bought ex matthews f88 240 XEX72M lovey truck

haddy:

sellia:

Hello Sellia, the name GOPTAM was made up from two peoples initials, Geoff ■■ Payne and Trevor ■■ Matthews. The F89 was painted two-tone brown I think, I’ll have to find the photo I have of it to check. Anyway Geoff drove it from new and I had many nights out with him in the late 70’s. After the GOPTAM days the motor was bought by Malcolm Payne (no relation) to replace his ageing ex BRS Overland Marathon. I can remember him running it for several years on Norfolk Line. After that I don’t know, but I think the reg. was WPW 881S or something very close. Regards, Haddy Gt. Yarmouth.

I heard recently that it got burnt out, where or when I don’t know. Regards,Haddy.