Goole lorry park

Have be told there is a large car or lorry park round there that belongs to the council and you dont have to pay
Is this true?

The only one I know of is on Larsen Road just after you turn off the A614.No idea if it is free 'cos I have only ever driven past it.

I park in goole a fair bit and there’s no free lorry park as far as I know. Docklands diner is on Larsen Rd but its not free. Sure you aren’t thinking of pontefract?

Or Immingham … that had free lorry park.

There used to be one in goole n/r the docks were you had to turn down a narrow alley between buildings and it opened up into a small truck park.
Think it was a car park during the day,it was many yrs ago sorry about lack of details.Any of you local lads remember it?
regards dave.

there’s nothing in Goole that’s free for trucks apart from industrial estates etc. Dockland Diner is privately owned as mentioned, and the parking area is a bit of a muddy, potholed mess

Dafdave - yes, when I was a kid the old market car park in the town centre used to be free for trucks to park on a night but that’s long gone now

kevchalluk:
there’s nothing in Goole that’s free for trucks apart from industrial estates etc. Dockland Diner is privately owned as mentioned, and the parking area is a bit of a muddy, potholed mess

Dafdave - yes, when I was a kid the old market car park in the town centre used to be free for trucks to park on a night but that’s long gone now

That’s the one thanks kev.I did think it would be no more im talking at least 30yrs ago.
regards dave.

Yeah, I’m 38 now and used to cycle into town on an evening in the summer holidays as a kid to see what was parked up in there! Town centre is pedestrianised now and they’ve changed the market and car park area so there are more shops

kevchalluk:
Yeah, I’m 38 now and used to cycle into town on an evening in the summer holidays as a kid to see what was parked up in there! Town centre is pedestrianised now and they’ve changed the market and car park area so there are more shops

As you walked out of the alley and t/left there was a good pub across the road[forgot name]is that still there.
regards dave.

If you come off at j36 and head opposite direction from Goole there is Woodside Cafe half a mile on the right. Decent grub not too expensive.

coreysboys:
If you come off at j36 and head opposite direction from Goole there is Woodside Cafe half a mile on the right. Decent grub not too expensive.

Exellent café used it regularly when I was on the road,the b/fast extra with sausage was great.Never o/nighted there,are the toilets open all night?have they improved the parking surface? used to be a real tester.What time do they close these days?
regards dave.

dafdave:

kevchalluk:

As you walked out of the alley and t/left there was a good pub across the road[forgot name]is that still there.
regards dave.

The Old George? Yeah still there I think - not sure if it’s open at the moment though

Lorries used to park behind the market, and on the public car park behind Triad, but that is many years ago. There was a bit of parking on Fifth ave when the transport digs were open :stuck_out_tongue:

OK
So it used to be there but now gone
But thanks for the infut from everyone

My favourite twenty years ago, was redbeck cafe :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: couple of lads used that pub on the way to swinefleet A161 on the out past the docks! :sunglasses: good times walk into town, nightclub and easy women! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Swinefleet. Thats a blast from the past,used to backload Fisons compost from there.

Suedehead:
Swinefleet. Thats a blast from the past,used to backload Fisons compost from there.

yep, that’s the one! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:
My favourite twenty years ago, was redbeck cafe :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: couple of lads used that pub on the way to swinefleet A161 on the out past the docks! :sunglasses: good times walk into town, nightclub and easy women! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

redbeck café is 40 mile from goole, so not much help at all :smiley:

Suedehead:

Ha ha ha ! i used to load fisons compost out of there too, about 20 odd years ago, Houston transport from Armadale Doncaster used to do a lot of it !

green456:

Fatboy slimslow:

redbeck café is 40 mile from goole, so not much help at all :smiley:

not just over boothferry bridge then! :unamused: out of goole from gate 36! :open_mouth: gate 37 come back towards goole! :sunglasses: must of been dreaming then! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: it’s still there, but with vintage stuff all parked up! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: 40 miles! :bulb: