Googlemail......

Hi all, I have a googlemail account (thanks marcustandy :wink: ) and I just wondered if any of the computer boffins here can tell me if googlemail has a facility where it can indicate when a person has opened and therefore recieved an email that I have sent to them?

Im sure some email providers do have this function but I cant seem to find a box to click or something on Goolgemail!!

Thanks in advance,

Bullitt.

bullitt:
Hi all, I have a googlemail account (thanks marcustandy :wink: ) and I just wondered if any of the computer boffins here can tell me if googlemail has a facility where it can indicate when a person has opened and therefore recieved an email that I have sent to them?

Im sure some email providers do have this function but I cant seem to find a box to click or something on Goolgemail!!

Thanks in advance,

Bullitt.

I don’t think you can do that with GoggleMail, however If you compose and send your email with Outlook you can request a notification of either the email being received or the email being read.

If you specify a notification of the email being read what happens is that when the recipient opens the email a pop up box will appear asking if the recipient wishes to let you know that the email has been opened, if they choose no then you won’t be notified, if they choose yes then you will receive an email letting you know that it was opened.

How the notification of an email being recieved works I’m not sure about as I’ve never tried it.

Apart from that have a look at SpyPig.com, I’ve no idea weather or not it works though :wink:

tachograph:
How the notification of an email being recieved works I’m not sure about as I’ve never tried it.

Apart from that have a look at SpyPig.com, I’ve no idea weather or not it works though :wink:

The delivery receipt is dependant on the mail system that the person you are sending to is using. Not all systems support it and some admins will disable it.