Google Maps

Has anyone noticed that GM say a road is closed when it actually isn’t? Apparently Burford Bridge is shut at the moment. It isn’t, it has roadworks on it and it is shut at night but not during daytime. GM also said the A44 was closed between Pear Tree and Wolvercote roundabouts this morning at 5.30. It was clearly open.
Are these mistakes caused by people using these Waze app jobbies and really need to MTOFB or are Google getting their info from those annoying travel presenters on local radio stations?

yep, i’ve noticed this too, but then you get the signs by the side of the road and the overhead gantrys telling you roadworks/lane closed/slow down for no reason too. Like anything free I take it as advice and with a pinch of salt, not the definitive article.

They take it from a whole host of different sources including traffic speed sensors, waze etc.
The biggest problem I’ve found with Waze (apart from stupidly high battery drain) is that if someone marks an event like an accident and then eventually goes past, there’s no way to show its been lifted - for example another user comes along, they should be able to click on the event and say it’s now clear

Just as bad as HA not knowing or showing that a road is closed for long term night time road works.

I find mine alerts me when I’m in the jam. Cb and the helldrivers page on Facebook is much more helpful for updates

m1cks:
They take it from a whole host of different sources including traffic speed sensors, waze etc.
The biggest problem I’ve found with Waze (apart from stupidly high battery drain) is that if someone marks an event like an accident and then eventually goes past, there’s no way to show its been lifted - for example another user comes along, they should be able to click on the event and say it’s now clear

You can. Just tap ‘Not there’ when the warning pops up