Goodbye foodservice slavery

Evening All

Just a quick update on the topic of my last thread.After alot of thought and weighing up the pros and cons.I decided to leave my current job as a Class 2 foodservice multidrop driver and take up a general haulage company’s offer of a job leading to them funding my Class 1 licence in the not too distant future.

Been to my induction day today,had a tour of the yard,met some of my new colleagues and been to meet my new (well new to me) wagon.Filled in reams of paperwork and watched some really interesting Vosa dvds [emoji57]

Start on Monday and i must admit i’m a tad excited by it all.Seems like a bit of an adventure haha.

Good luck with the new job :smiley:

sinclair89:

Thankyou fella [emoji3]

BeakFreak81:

sinclair89:

Thankyou fella [emoji3]

What’s it your doing and who for?

sinclair89:

BeakFreak81:

sinclair89:

Thankyou fella [emoji3]

PM’D you

BeakFreak81:

sinclair89:

BeakFreak81:

sinclair89:

Thankyou fella [emoji3]

PM’D you

Replied

Congrats pal! :smiley:

The climate seems to be good for job hunting…
So much so, employers seems to be tripping over themselves to get drivers in the door.
They even want me! :open_mouth:

So if they want to SECURE your services, and PROBABLY tie you in by putting you through your class 1, negotiate pal! :wink:

Best of luck! :smiley:

Thanks Evil [emoji3]

As you wrote Foodservice you probably mean Bidvest aka 3663. You need to love this job and get freebies everyday to last there. I wonder why it takes ages to get the load tipped at Bidvest aka 3663 depots, cannot you get rushed a bit guys? We also need to keep our delivery times :wink:

Wilk:
As you wrote Foodservice you probably mean Bidvest aka 3663. You need to love this job and get freebies everyday to last there. I wonder why it takes ages to get the load tipped at Bidvest aka 3663 depots, cannot you get rushed a bit guys? We also need to keep our delivery times :wink:

2 and a half hours it took me to get tipped (3 pallets) yday in a rigid. Turned my 10 hour day into a 14.75 hour day :laughing:

I did 3663 Salford last week. 2 hours to tip my trailer.

[zb].

Wilk:

No mate definetly not Bidvest.The company will remain unnamed but what i will say is everything on the wagon had to be handballed into the customers premises (no pulling pallets off with a pump truck) and more times than not it would have to go upstairs or down into cellars.

FreshDirect I reckon

HaHa nope…keep on guessing.

Dominoes ?

JJ?

P&H

martinviking:
Dominoes ?

HaHa that’s a good one but it’s wrong.

To be fair your all wrong but i’ll give you some clues.Its not a company i have ever seen mentioned on here.They have 10 depots nationwide.And they serve a niche sector in the takeaway industry which used to be Britain’s best loved dish,consumed mainly on a Friday.

Its Brakes.

It’s not