Good week.

After taking the previous week off for 4th of July and all that stuff, When I called in on the friday evening to see what I had to come back to ?
“I might just have you sit home an extra day, some of the customers are closed” said the dispatcher and as much as I like being home and lazing in the pool the thought of what he might have after monday worried me because I refuse to work saturdays. In the end it was “Get down to Yonkers by 11.00am, do a yard check and preload 3 trailers for me”
I set out at 06.00 to NYC and did as asked then my next assignment came through and it was deliver Friendly ice cream in Wilbraham MA at 08.00am tues on a trailer I had just preloaded for that customer, so tues was easy, hook up, 3 hours there, 30 mins unload, 3 hours back, stopping at Blue beacon truck wash in CT, shower and fuel at the Pilot next door.
Weds … take a load to Yoplait in Methuen MA (drop and hook), on the way back I get another assignment, a Ben & Jerry load for thurs at 08.00am which was impossible as I told him, “Just get there when you can” he said. I left NYC at 01.00am, stopped for fuel at Schodack Landing and a short kip in Shoreham VT, arrived at 09.30am worried about being late and was told they don’t have room for my load and would I wait an hour ? … One more hour kip. Home by 2.00pm and hesitate to call in because going and doing a load messes my weekend up. All I had to do friday was run down to Latham NY (68 miles) get a recall done on my truck, into Albany terminal (another 10 miles), get truck serviced and come home.

A good week… Monday I will be in Bethlehem PA at about 10.00am. :laughing:

Pat.Surely it cant last. Mark

Ocean Spray have closed production for 2 weeks so we have guy’s standing around, unlike other companies I work for a rare one … everyone still gets paid the weekly minimum, which is a lot !

I have a dry bulk load monday because there’s not enough liquid loads for the liquid drivers, I have no dry bulk capability so it’s just a drop and hook job :laughing:

And me working my pan out on this tipper for next to nought, you have got the yank attitude of trying to make us limeys feel poor. LOL Mark