Good truck stops near Shrewsbury?

Hi all, wondering if anyone here knows of anywhere half decent to spend a 45 hour rest near to Shrewsbury? I’ll be traveling from Portsmouth but need to be as close to Shrewsbury as possible.

Ideally showers and something resembling food would be good.

Only place I’ve found nearby that seems alright is the Lazy Kettle. Anyone confirm or deny if that’s worth a go?

Ta

Prees Heath near Whitchurch 'midway truckstop ’ is good , don’t know where your coming from tho …
Gledred services ( Lazy kettle )is ok never ventured In the showers tho :exclamation:

We’ve only just got electricity in Shropshire…
Telford Services M54 J4 has all the facilities you need…

Depends on how close you need to be but The new hollies at cannock (come of M6 j12 turn right A5 then about a mile on the left) is worth a try, less than an hour from Shrewsbury just guessin,

Telford services ain’t much cop and is limited parking wise about 10-15 spaces iirc ,it may be full of foreigners when you get there,also food is typical motorway service overpriced crap.
I’d go as suggested by Dipper,to Hollies on the A5,about 30 mins from Shrewsbury and much much better!!..good food too.
You could even book into the onsite B&B and sleep in a real bed-
hollies.rktruckstops.co.uk/index.html

Cheers guys, sounds like The Hollies will be my home for a couple of days this week!

Free Lgv parking at Euro garages on the roundabout way off Hartlebury industrial estate.
Subway there,Starbucks coffee but no showers.
If cars or vans are parked around the back slip road by the hedge ,it pays to wait until they are gone to get a good spot and straighten up the lorry parallel to the near side kerb .
Numerous restaurants within walking distance by going south on the main road.
Indian ,Chinese and English food places.
The farm buildings opposite the fuel station can fit one artic in.
But don’t block his gates,24 hour access for trucks on their farm.

I’ll second the Midway Truckstop on the A41/A49 junction nice and cheap, foods good and showers good. Don’t bother paying to park as no one does (as far as I’m aware) but they close at 19:30 last order and chance for shower is 19:10.

But you have 3 pubs/restaurants within 300m and a chip shop too but iv yet to try any of these.

When it comes to parking you have 4 options, 1 in the actual truck parking opposite (this you have to pay £4 for but like I said no one does)

1. On the road between the parking and cafe (free)

2. On the grounds of the biker cafe 10m next to it not sure if you have to pay.

And 4. Iv seen a few wagons in the car park of the largest pub 20m away, have seen a sign down the side saying something about HGV parking.

Kate:
We’ve only just got electricity in Shropshire…
Telford Services M54 J4 has all the facilities you need…

That’s why my missus, a Telford girl, moved to Yorkshire.

Ken.