Good training schools for cat C practical in the East Midlan

I’ve passed all my other tests (LGV theory, CPC theory and practical), and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good school to take my practical with.

Also if anyone can suggest agencies that will look at hiring a new pass in the Nottingham or Derby area.

Many thanks

Definitely try Peter Smythe Transport Training (PSTT).

Rimis:

Sadly it’s over an hour’s travel from where I live…

Emily_G:

Rimis:

Sadly it’s over an hour’s travel from where I live…

They do residential courses at no extra charge

Residential courses

I would certainly echo Peter Smythe.
Reputation is fantastic and they are an extremely helpful bunch. Run great kit.
If you’re more than 70 miles away they do the course as residential as mentioned but in all honesty I’d be willing to travel regardless. They’ve been fantastic with me so far.
Where about a in the East Midlands are you?

Can I suggest you book a couple of assessments with trainers close to you and then come and have a free assessment with us. The quality of training varies widely. It has to be said that we are the ONLY DVSA Accredited LGV Centre between Luton and Carlise. We were also the first private driving test centre in the UK so you actually practice on the same concrete you’ll be tested on.

Add to this a staff of DVSA Reg instructors using new vehicles (choice of manual or auto) and perhaps then the 10% Trucknet discount.

At the end of the day, the choice is yours. But it’s well worth the travelling as folks from all over the UK will tell you.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Emily_G:
I’ve passed all my other tests (LGV theory, CPC theory and practical), and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good school to take my practical with.

Many thanks

Deffo Peter Smythe Training.

Paul :smiley:

DATA academy in Leicester just off the A46 bypass is another serious consideration

NickW88:
I would certainly echo Peter Smythe.
Reputation is fantastic and they are an extremely helpful bunch. Run great kit.
If you’re more than 70 miles away they do the course as residential as mentioned but in all honesty I’d be willing to travel regardless. They’ve been fantastic with me so far.
Where about a in the East Midlands are you?

I’m near junction 25. Currently not got my own transport though.

Emily_G:

How much car driving do you currently do :question:

ROG:

Emily_G:

How much car driving do you currently do :question:

Quite a bit, but it’s the fella’s motor not mine.

Hi, I’m j22 of m1 but I decided to travel and use Pete as I don’t think you can bet recommendation. Glad I did as I passed both c and c+e first time with them.

All the best

I traveled from Lincoln to Mansfield for my weeks training with PSTT, worth the petrol I used!

I did a residential course went from North East to Chelmsford ( Flair training )

I’d recommend Ian Markwick at Newton near Bingham just off the A46/A52 junction. I did my Cat C & CE a few years ago and passed both first time at the Watnall test center.