Good Road

Oh no Phil you can’t say that…the hand wringers on here will start telling you its a dangerous death trap and should only be tackled at a maximum of 25 mph.

:smiley: nice pic…lol

drove along there once in the car with my wife… she could’nt believe how fast they went on there lol :open_mouth:

Still do. I’ve been doing 60mph on my speedo in my car and been overtaken by an Irish registered truck.
Off up there this afternoon.

I still travel the 75 several times a week, it must be the last bastion of truckers looking after each other, the camaraderie between drivers is still there (or at least some), still enjoy the run to the boat, even though I don`t get on any longer. Happy memories.

I remember in the days before a lot of the small towns and villages were by-passed on the A75. The Irish lads were on the CB’s all the time telling each other when it was clear to pass on the brow of a hill or a blind bend.

Before i started on trolleys i was on for Munro of Aberdeen.My run started in Dumfries and round to Girvan,Ayr etc.Was great when you got to the 75 and tagged onto the boys heading for the boat,a swift run to Stranraer was always guaranteed.

Great picture,was this drawn by the same chap who was featured in T&D driving for Loane transport if i remember right?
God he can draw a fantastic picture.

yes, i used to work with him.