Good Read

I just am in the process (nearly finished) of reading a good book, its called something like “A thousand miles from nowhere” anyway, its by Graham Coster, I got it from the library and its a good read! I thought id gone off reading altogether as I aint read a book through for years, but this ones going to be read all through! :slight_smile:

Mal.

Mal:
its called something like “A thousand miles from nowhere” Mal.

Lol Mal

I thought for one minute you were going to say “The Seddon Atkinson Handbook” LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know how daft you are on them :smiling_imp:

I’m not a reading fan but gotta admit to reading the Hobbit from start to finish along with “Was God a Spaceman?” Found the 2nd one very interesting, it’s just the authors views but left a lot to ponder over after finishing it.

Based on loads of different murals on cave walls and old monuments etc, well worth a read though if your interested in that sort of stuff :wink: .

Davey Driver:

Mal:
its called something like “A thousand miles from nowhere” Mal.

Lol Mal

I thought for one minute you were going to say “The Seddon Atkinson Handbook” LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know how daft you are on them :smiling_imp:

You aint going to believe this Davey, but about a third of the book is about him going to Russia with a bloke called Tony, in a special Sedd Ack called “The Silver Knight”! :laughing:

It was a coincidence, really!

Actually, for years I was a big reader, everything and anything I’d read. But lately, about 5 years or so, Ive hardly read a book!

Mal

Mal:
It was a coincidence, really!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

have you tried the chris ryan books mal… also andy mc nab ■■■■ good read … :laughing:

You’re right Mal it’s a good book, got it on the shelf here. Only problem is didn’t you find you kept wanting a Marathon/Snickers bar while reading it? :wink: :smiley: :open_mouth:

devils guard best book i ever read :sunglasses:

ohterry555:
have you tried the chris ryan books mal… also andy mc nab ■■■■ good read … :laughing:

If you like the above then try some of shaun clarke’s books they are very similar

Anyone seen the TV documentary about the ex SAS guy who trys to retrace the bravo two zero trip ?.
Its all a pack of lies. even the SAS Sargent who debriefed Ryan & Mc Grab said the story was far from that given to him & that the storys damage the SAS’s reputation.
The guy who made the documantry looked totally depressed by the end of his desert treck attempting to bring the story to life.

andy macnab is a cracking read,got 4 of the books

remote control ,crisis 4, last light and firewall

i also read alot of stephen king books the man is just a genius

jon

ex SAS guy who trys to retrace the bravo two zero trip

I believe you mean this guy Michael Asher

The book he wrote The Real “Bravo Two Zero”: The Truth Behind “Bravo Two Zero”

Mal:
I just am in the process (nearly finished) of reading a good book, its called something like “A thousand miles from nowhere” anyway, its by Graham Coster, I got it from the library and its a good read! I thought id gone off reading altogether as I aint read a book through for years, but this ones going to be read all through! :slight_smile:

Mal.

I can vaguely remember reading that book several years ago. Good book if I recall.

Calv

ohterry555:

big fan of both but andy’s the man (poor old nick stone anybody would think he was a truck driver with the aggro he gets in his job :laughing: )

Mal:
I just am in the process (nearly finished) of reading a good book, its called something like “A thousand miles from nowhere” anyway, its by Graham Coster, I got it from the library and its a good read! I.

Graham Coster originally approached Kepstowe looking for a ride but no-one was interested in taking him, for the reasons stated in the book. In a way, it`s a shame, as he did a quick “in-and-out” into Moscow , whereas we normally spent at least a week there clearing customs. He never really got a chance to see the place.

Although the book is out of print, it`s easy to obtain cheaply on the net through second-hand booksellers.

Vince

Although the book is out of print, it`s easy to obtain cheaply on the net through second-hand booksellers.

True, I got mine from Amazon (can i say that?)not so long back, cost me the princely sum of £ 1.50

know dont laugh but ive read all of the harry potter books as well as the hobbit and lord of the rings :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I’ve read one of the Harry Potters, not to sure which one but wasn’t impressed. I thought it was very much like Enid Blighton with a bit of magic thrown in.
The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, I read years ago. Ive reads them a couple of times since as well. They’re a bit long winded, but once you get into them, a very good read, IMHO.
I like the Nick Stone stories by Andy McNab but i’m not so keen on Chris Ryan, his stories just don’t ring true for me (I realise that they are fiction :laughing: but they have to hang together right).

I will read almost anything, mainly science fiction/fantasy. I like Brian Cornwell The Sharpe series (that was on TV recently) and a couple of other smaller series, they seemed to be pretty well researched and his soldiers seemed to know what they were doing, even if they made a [zb]up of the job :smiley: . Unlike Chris Ryans.

Just about to start reading Lemmy’s biography, best book I read though was the Billy Connelly bio that Pamela Stevenson wrote. Got it last Christmas and couldn’t put it down ( no it wasn’t glued to my hand :exclamation: ) read it cover to cover in about a day and half. :open_mouth:

I have the Graham Coster book in paperback. If anyone wants to borrow it send me a PM and we can arrange it.