Good place to stop

can anyone tell me a good place to overnight between glasgow [bellshill] and carlisle

my goodness thats a question… there is so many my best bet is crawford its been a while since i stayed there but theres parking and plentys of pubs with something to eat.

lesmahagow just off M74 or bothwell on the M74 i’d go for the 1st one :wink:

Lesmahagow is a good stop now that it has been cleaned up under the new mangement, good food, clean, supervised parking.
Well recommended on our vote last year.

Crawford is also good if you use the centre town stop not the one on outskirts.

apparently the Red Moss has closed again. It was a decent stop, but many people couldnt find it.

If you just want some beer and a meal. Use the Old Star, Craig will get you drunk. No early starts there :stuck_out_tongue:

where is crawford how do i find it

Lesmahagow without question :slight_smile:

or Crawford.
Southbound, take exit 14, down the slip road to the roundabout. Straight on at that, going round it :laughing: .
The Heathergill is right in front of you as you come down the slip road, the food, beer, company and showers are fine. It is difficult to find a level area to park on though and the showers are in an ice box.

Heading straight on into the village is the Crawford Arms Hotel. The Hotel is on your left and the parking area is on your right, just before the hotel.

Coming from the south, use junction 14, down to the roundabout, almost all the way round and take the exit which goes under the motorway. At the T-junction turn left and then watch for a road off to the right. It is signed “Village only”. The Hotel is about half way through, on the right. The Heathergill is right at the other end.