Good Payload?

Seen this truck with similar loads previously. Apologies for picture quality.

I’d be suprised if there was 20 tonne there .

Punchy Dan:

Took more than 5min to load it I’d guess. Wonder if it’s one of De Rooy’s relatives?

Punchy Dan:

Agree, but it’s skillfully loaded.

Punchy Dan:

I bow down to…

Your flatbed experience and crane handling skills but, I reckon there’s gotta be more than 20.

There are 3 tractors alone on the front, that has to be 15 tons surely?

I’m putting a fiver on 26 tons+.

Star down under.:

Punchy Dan:

Agree, but it’s skillfully loaded.

+1…

As long as all the bits stay on. Things have a bad habit of working loose at 50mph.

Anyone who can’t secure a load properly needs to look for a job other than truck driving.

The tractor on top of the frame is a Massey 135 I reckon which weighs about 1600kg with wheels…

I would be surprised if there was 20 tonne on there as well, as the balers on the back won’t weigh much…

yourhavingalarf:

Punchy Dan:

I bow down to…

Your flatbed experience and crane handling skills but, I reckon there’s gotta be more than 20.

I was thinking for the 3 about 10 to 11 tonne ,thanks for the compliment :smiley:

Star down under.:
Anyone who can’t secure a load properly needs to look for a job other than truck driving.

True

Punchy Dan:

Star down under.:

True

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what about the attendants that are incapable of tying a dolly whether they need to or not??

dieseldog999:

Punchy Dan:

Star down under.:

True

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what about the attendants that are incapable of tying a dolly whether they need to or not??

Do they need to anymore? Down here we’re only allowed to use ropes on a tarp. Less than one in ten trucks are flat tops now and many of them don’t have tarps (sheets to you fellows). When i started driving, anything but a flat top was specialized. Since the advent of tautliners, in the 80s, flat tops are now the specialized form. Nothing is more versatile than a flat top with a driver who can tarp a load. I still appreciate a well tarped truck but feel relieved that it’s no longer part of my daily routine. :smiley:

its not part of most modern drivers daily routine,but you never know when youve a get you home bodge repair to do and no straps or similar.( obviously this does not apply to anyone similar to tesco or stobart type h&s crap rules.
you might not think it ridiculous for a modern day truckie to be able to tie the most rudimentary knot in the road haulage industry.
even if your running fridges theres always something needing secured somehow from time to time.

DD, Sammy Fry would be wanting to know why you haven’t got the last collection on :smiley: :smiley:

dieseldog999:
its not part of most modern drivers daily routine,but you never know when youve a get you home bodge repair to do and no straps or similar.( obviously this does not apply to anyone similar to tesco or stobart type h&s crap rules.
you might not think it ridiculous for a modern day truckie to be able to tie the most rudimentary knot in the road haulage industry.
even if your running fridges theres always something needing secured somehow from time to time.

As you will know it’s not just the strapping on but knowing where you want what then getting a full trailer and then they come and say ooh btw there’s xy & z to get on yet :unamused:

Now that’s a load of tractors J C Ashworth Bradford 13 in total

ashworth%20wagon1.jpg

You’d be putting a lot of faith in the U bolt holding the steering column, as you wheeled into a tight, slow corner! :open_mouth:

Mazzer2:
DD, Sammy Fry would be wanting to know why you haven’t got the last collection on :smiley: :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if one of donnel and ellis can get it on,then theres room on a wee fry trailer for the same load,all you need is more rope.
it not as if they need to worry about dunragit anymore. :slight_smile:

yourhavingalarf:

Punchy Dan:

I bow down to…

An average 2 wheel drive 70-80’s tractor under 3 tons. With no cab , the 4 Wheel drive DB would be 4.5 tons , so in tractors about 14 tons max and the rest of the implements no more than 5 or 6 tons . So 20-22 tons is about right I reckon.

dieseldog999:

Mazzer2:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if one of donnel and ellis can get it on,then theres room on a wee fry trailer for the same load,all you need is more rope.
it not as if they need to worry about dunragit anymore. :slight_smile:

So? You’re a Dunragit casualty? One of the scars on that bridge was yours?