Good overnight parking around Hemel Hempstead?

I’m trying to find some recommendations for good overnight parking places around Hemel Hempstead, lets say 15mile radius, for Rigid Sleeper - so can be places that don’t welcome artics.

Also it would be great if someone could list some places with shower in this area as well ?

Maybe some of the big laybys or retail parks or industrial areas that allow overnight parking.

Pretty much any good locations could be usefull.

Thanks,

Watling St Truck Stop on the A5 Just off Jct 9 on the M1 - Toddington Services M1 - South Mimms Truck Stop M25/A1 jct.

There’s quite a few layby’s on the A41,between Jct 20 on the M25 and Aylesbury too.

All 3 you mentioned before mentioning laybys are paid parking 15gbp per night upwards according to their info.

The industrial estate that P&H is on doesn’t look too bad, if that’s any help.

I think its just called ’ Hemel Hempstead industrial estate '.

kyk:
All 3 you mentioned before mentioning laybys are paid parking 15gbp per night upwards according to their info.

Well don’t complain when the truckstops close down or sell up for housing as it’s more profitable than ‘free’ parking :wink:

Its one of those things if your company wont pay for parking your not going to eat into your night out money.

All these 3 are also cack-holes. Toddington is like an EE refuge. Heard bad things about curtains being slashed too.

South Mimms, if you can find a spot that’s easy enough to get into, the chances are that some twunt will render it impossible to get out of. Or you’ll find what you think is a spot, only to find out that it’s got a unit buried at the back of it, as his reefer is that damned loud, even he can’t sleep near it.

Watling St, I didn’t even take a look at the showers after I saw the state of the khazi. (Take your own bog roll in with you too) Although there’s a lap dancing bar next door (I only found this out after I stayed there, and had walked the other way for a swift one in the Harvester)

M1 sth J5. Turn sth on A41, ind est on right, down to island turn back up & slip road to left, Harvester on island for a pint, carvery & drink !

mrginge:
Its one of those things if your company wont pay for parking your not going to eat into your night out money.

So it’s an “industry” problem that needs addressing and the ‘RHA’, ‘FTA’ and now the ‘recruitment association’ need to stop whining, shut the foooook up and get their own house in order rather than expecting others to pay for their own shortcomings?

It’s life mate.

Supply and demand. If numpties will do the job for nothing, that’s the going rate, whether or not they can use a lavatory or prefer a carrier bag. I had the misfortune of spending Friday night on Lymm, and I’d have been better off with wellies, or a canoe, for getting across the lorry park to the loo, because so many others had not bothered making the trip. Nobody wants us because of the mess that gets left behind, and the mess gets left behind because nobody wants us.

It’s unacceptable

kyk:
All 3 you mentioned before mentioning laybys are paid parking 15gbp per night upwards according to their info.[/

Well in future why don’t you mention you’re looking for " Free Parking " ! :unamused:

gunnerheskey:
M1 sth J5. Turn sth on A41, ind est on right, down to island turn back up & slip road to left, Harvester on island for a pint, carvery & drink !

Otterspool Way ?
Good shout,stayed there a few times many moons ago. :wink:

My mate is always raving about Watford

PaulNowak:

He is clearly very odd. Watford is only good for chavvy- not- so- yummy- mummy pulling only…

Ramon123:

gunnerheskey:

Otterspool Way ?

That’s it mate, plenty of room too !

gunnerheskey:

Ramon123:

gunnerheskey:

Otterspool Way ?

That’s it mate, plenty of room too !

There is also the layby just after the Harvester on the left :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Lay by on the left, is right outside a community of people whose houses have wheels…

So probably the safest place to park in the area!

PaulNowak:

Parked up on Otterspool years ago,bus into Watford for a few pints,got invited to a partyyyyyyy in the nurses home at Watford hospital,near the football ground.
Woke up next to a buxom Jamaican lass,superb night out :smiley:

eagerbeaver:
The industrial estate that P&H is on doesn’t look too bad, if that’s any help.

I think its just called ’ Hemel Hempstead industrial estate '.

Maylands Industrial Estate

Campervan people are using scheme - Gym membership for showers. So this made me think…
Main issue is decent showers facilities - even on paid Truck stops they are sometimes dodgy…

Some Gyms are in Retail parks which have big Tescos like for example the same Tesco Extra in Hemel Hempstead.
I have also seen Rigid and unit without trailer in Tesco car parks - probably some of Modern Truckers use to try something like this - either drop trailer in lay by near by and with unit go into Tesco car park - walk to Gym - pretend to do Gym stuff have showers walk back to unit - drive back to trailer sleep in lay by or industrial areas.

So question in regards to this - how Tesco and other retail parks see Trucks - without trailers either rigids or units only that drive into their car parks and stay there like normal cars - for 30 min or 1h - less than the limit…

Do they ban trucks in general from entering their car parks or they tolerate it if you don’t overstay free parking limit?

Some of those gyms have 24/7 policy and 26gbp/month UK wide subscription would it work to park up in empty Tesco car park at night go to gym have shower go back drive out to industrial estate and sleep there?

Without getting ticket from Tesco or others for entering normal car park with truck ?

I tend to shower in the day when they are quieter and clean.