Good old Kelsa!

Been caught in what I should imagine is a common occourance. Been given a Kelsa Euro Bar from a chap who does a bit of relief driving for me, taken off his artic unit that was rolled a while ago. Are there any brackets on it…no, will Kelsa sell them to me even though I’ve already bought a couple of other light bars from them…no, atleast, not without returning a set of brackets in exchange for the correct ones. Surely someone somewhere has cottoned on to this and has started fabricating brackets as Kelsa seem to have you by the balls for not buying the bar brand new direct from them■■? Any ideas, seems a shame not to bother with the bar and just pay out a fortune for a new one so it can be fitted properly…

troberts0:
Been caught in what I should imagine is a common occourance. Been given a Kelsa Euro Bar from a chap who does a bit of relief driving for me, taken off his artic unit that was rolled a while ago. Are there any brackets on it…no, will Kelsa sell them to me even though I’ve already bought a couple of other light bars from them…no, atleast, not without returning a set of brackets in exchange for the correct ones. Surely someone somewhere has cottoned on to this and has started fabricating brackets as Kelsa seem to have you by the balls for not buying the bar brand new direct from them■■? Any ideas, seems a shame not to bother with the bar and just pay out a fortune for a new one so it can be fitted properly…

what are you fitting it onto

the problem is, people pinch the bars off the trucks, phone up Kelsa and buy new brackets to fit their truck, and hey presto, a very cheap stainless bar for you truck

Kelsa keep moving the goalposts as to how/when they will sell you a fitting kit, originally, you could just buy them, then they changed it to say that you must have the original purchase invoice, but now, it is send the old fitting kit back and they will sell you the new kit for your truck

you could try asking your mate if he still has got the fitting kit for it

otherwise, keep an eye out on Ebay, they do come up every now and again

Yeah I understand the whole thieving thing which doesn’t suprise me, I’ll get him to give Kelsa a ring, he must have the original invoices somewhere, I’ve got a reg number for the truck but that doesn’t mean alot,the bar was just unbolted to keep as a spare, the brackets and the rest of the truck went to Snows Commercials to be cut up. Its to fit an Actros Mp2

Any half decent engineering shop could make new brackets if samples or drawings were available.
Whether they could be bothered or you would want to pay for them is a whole different argument.

Gridley51:
Any half decent engineering shop could make new brackets if samples or drawings were available.
Whether they could be bothered or you would want to pay for them is a whole different argument.

This is a non-starter financially…the cost is way dearer and a poorer substitute than buying from Kelsa. Tried it myself with two local blacksmiths.

Realistically my friend you need to bite the bullet and buy the cheapest pair you can get off eBay, any truck model then send them to Kelsa, call them and pay for your new ones on the 'phone then await the postman. If you’re very lucky you may get a pair on eBay which are the exact model for your truck but don’t hold your breath.

Sorry there isnae an easier/cheaper way. I used to buy and sell Kelsa bars…I have been there. Theft and reset of EuroBars is a huge problem…most for sale without the correct brackets are probably stolen despite what the owner says :wink:

Scannyfanny:

Gridley51:

This is a non-starter financially…the cost is way dearer and a poorer substitute than buying from Kelsa. Tried it myself with two local blacksmiths.

You dont go to a blacksmith for a precision bracket.OTOH its not going to be cheap for small quantities.

Gridley51:

Scannyfanny:

Gridley51:

You dont go to a blacksmith for a precision bracket.OTOH its not going to be cheap for small quantities.

It’s an alternative to your idea of an ‘engineering shop’…neither idea actaully works financially as I’ve found out…whereas you’re spouting advice wthout the actual experience. If you’ve no value-add you’d be better keeping quiet, empty heid. :wink:

If you go to Facebook, theres a chap goes as Jimbars, hes in Brampton in ■■■■■■■■ and makes the bars himself as a bit of a hobby, he may be able to help you.