Good News

Not a bad start to the year; New job, turns out to be the easiest I’ve ever done (how many tipper companies say “don’t rush about”?) Last week boss gives us a £40 p/w pay rise, tonight I hear my boss has bought me a …Foden Alpha…With a cat engine.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone else got good news?

i’ll be taking bets fellas, how long till he’s moaning or slagging them off like every other company he’s worked for :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why would you want to go from the scania to an old alpha i don’t know each to there own I suppose

Chewyboy:
Why would you want to go from the scania to an old alpha i don’t know each to there own I suppose

Nothing wrong with the Scania save a few niggles caused by age, it’s an impressive drive. Always been a Foden fan, rode in them as a kid, my first lorry was a Foden and my only brand new one was an Alpha. I wasn’t keen at first as it’s come from an ex employer and it felt like I hadn’t moved on. Funny thing is, the wagon I had brand new is up for disposal later in the year and my boss has first refusal.
The company I work for do run new motors but also love their classics. They run my Uncles old Foden tractor unit and are restoring an ERF EC Olympic (with a Twin Splitter). Plus the true classics, an AEC Matador and a Mammoth Major (these only do shows :laughing: )
Nice combination of work and hobby for me.

Muckaway:
Not a bad start to the year; New job, turns out to be the easiest I’ve ever done (how many tipper companies say “don’t rush about”?) Last week boss gives us a £40 p/w pay rise, tonight I hear my boss has bought me a …Foden Alpha…With a cat engine.

How many jobs I have seen where you ‘Don’t rush about’ and it changes after a few months. ?

I thought the " big " news was going to be you have found another lay by to park in.

jessicas dad:
I thought the " big " news was going to be you have found another lay by to park in.

:smiley:

Pat Hasler:

Muckaway:

How many jobs I have seen where you ‘Don’t rush about’ and it changes after a few months. ?

The nature of tipper work is at some point you will end up rushing about. My job is pretty strady but with the heavy rain we have had the tip has been very slow so it has been busy to do tge loads

My good news for the day is that I’m off after tonights shift for 20 days. Happy days :slight_smile: :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Don’t ever rush unless it’s for your own benefit!!!

nightstar:

Company man I see :unamused:

What happens when your not getting enough loads done and your boss is struggling to pay wages etc, then your out of a job.

Don’t understand this mindset of a driver, I’m not saying we should all fly about like a blue arse fly because that’s when mistakes happen, but I don’t agree with this " paid by the hour, ■■■■ him" attitude. In the long run, it’s yourself doing yourself out of a job.

jessicas dad:

I have, with 4minutes remaining too. I could’ve used Tuesdays’ one but had a bit more time to spare.
:smiley:

PremiumTrucker:

nightstar:

Company man I see :unamused:

What happens when your not getting enough loads done and your boss is struggling to pay wages etc, then your out of a job.

Don’t understand this mindset of a driver, I’m not saying we should all fly about like a blue arse fly because that’s when mistakes happen, but I don’t agree with this " paid by the hour, [zb] him" attitude. In the long run, it’s yourself doing yourself out of a job.

That’s the good thing about my job, the boss gets a set daily rate per tipper so we just do what seems a reasonable day. If we race about he gets nothing extra for it except higher fuel bills and wear and tear.

jessicas dad:

I thought he was going to announce his engagement to Steve… or perhaps that one of them is pregnant.

maga:
i’ll be taking bets fellas, how long till he’s moaning or slagging them off like every other company he’s worked for :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Think I covered this one a while back. can only be another couple of weeks now :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PremiumTrucker:

nightstar:
Don’t understand this mindset of a driver, I’m not saying we should all fly about like a blue arse fly because that’s when mistakes happen, but I don’t agree with this " paid by the hour, [zb] him" attitude. In the long run, it’s yourself doing yourself out of a job.

Depends who you work for. If it’s a smallish family company or something, then you are more likely to be concerned for your boss and getting stuff done for him. If your on for a blue chip company however where your just a number to the highly paid hierarchy of managers & directors swanning about, it’s a different kettle of fish.

rob22888:

PremiumTrucker:

nightstar:

Depends who you work for. If it’s a smallish family company or something, then you are more likely to be concerned for your boss and getting stuff done for him. If your on for a blue chip company however where your just a number to the highly paid hierarchy of managers & directors swanning about, it’s a different kettle of fish.

Yes true. I work for a small family firm. Well I say small, 15 of us now

Muckaway:

Chewyboy:

Nothing wrong with the Scania save a few niggles caused by age, it’s an impressive drive. Always been a Foden fan, rode in them as a kid, my first lorry was a Foden and my only brand new one was an Alpha. I wasn’t keen at first as it’s come from an ex employer and it felt like I hadn’t moved on. Funny thing is, the wagon I had brand new is up for disposal later in the year and my boss has first refusal.
The company I work for do run new motors but also love their classics. They run my Uncles old Foden tractor unit and are restoring an ERF EC Olympic (with a Twin Splitter). Plus the true classics, an AEC Matador and a Mammoth Major (these only do shows :laughing: )
Nice combination of work and hobby for me.

will the foden have the “frilly pelmet”? lol
any pics of the aec matador?

I expect it will Andrew, although it’s current owners haven’t finished using them apparently (seems to change daily). I’ll try and get a Matador pic, she’s blocked in by stuff at the moment so photos are awkward.

Contraflow:

jessicas dad:

I thought he was going to announce his engagement to Steve… or perhaps that one of them is pregnant.

Bitchy x