Good news for Euro trampers ,tourist from 3G network

I’ve just gone to three and I’m a little disappointed. The main reason I changed was unlimited data. The problem is that the signal is so poor in the south (if it’s not a built up city) that you struggle to get a reliable signal.
When in london and 4G is connected it’s amazing. Feels quicker than the broadband at home.

Did you come from 02?
As I find the same signal issues with 02, very poor outside any built up area.

Yes I was with O2 but they just couldn’t complete with the data plan 3 were offering.
Never had a problem with O2’s signal and had been with them over 7 years.
I do think that there’s seems to be so many people joining 3 that they will soon invest heavily in infastructure to give a more stable signal more reliably.

Great stuff Mick, I have had the same 02 contract for 10 years, but as I now night out more often the data plan and coverage is becoming a bit more of an issue.

Ive been with three now for over 2yrs. I find it no worse for signal issues than with any other provider. In a lot of cases ive found it better.
Im on a sim only contract paying £15 a month (one plan) this gives me unlimited data so that i can tether to my ipad.
The new contracts where you get a new phone only allows you to tether for up to 2gb even though you have unlimited data. But you do get 0800 numbers free.
So if you want to tether to another device you need the one plan sim only which has now gone up to £20

Mines about £35 per month (previously £32 with O2 and 2gb of data)
I don’t like people so the calls and texts are never an issue and one of the best bonuses is the kids have contracts that are £7 a month each and they have over 2000 minutes 3 to 3 calling time. We used to spend over £15 a month for each of them when they were PAYG.
Simply put, 3 just seem to have the best tariffs around to suit our family.

I recently found out why 3 are so cheap.
The cost to call a 3 mobile from a landline is roughly twice, per minute, than any other mobile service provider.
I previously had issues with 3. Right up to the point of debt collectors. For bills that I had paid. When they couldn’t provide the paperwork to corroborate their story, it went away. But a less tenacious person would’ve given up and paid. Fortunately, I have a fair understanding of consumer law and called them out on their fraudulent claim.
Shiesters and thieves of the highest order.
They will never get a penny out of me ever again.

I stopped paying silly prices for calls and data a long time ago, I pay £13 per month for a SiM only deal (O2) for my smart phone, and £8 per month inc Mi-Fi device (EE) I have Pre-pay SIM cards for several euro countries which I can tether to my phone or laptop

J_K:
I recently found out why 3 are so cheap.
The cost to call a 3 mobile from a landline is roughly twice, per minute, than any other mobile service provider.

Any chance you can substantiate your claim? TalkTalk charge 12p flat to call any mobile. I would suggest that your landline provider are taking the P rather than Three

Network Standard rates
Daytime (7am - 7pm) Evening (7pm - 7am)
Vodafone 12p 12p
O2 12p 12p
Orange 12p 12p
T-Mobile 12p 12p
TalkTalk Mobile 12p 12p
Virgin Mobile 12p 12p
Opal Mobile 12p 12p
Three 12p 12p
BT Mobile 12p 12p
FM10 through FM17 20p 15p

Yes. I can substantiate my claim

J_K:
Yes. I can substantiate my claim

Why would that make 3 cheap?
Not that it matters to me I don’t ring myself.

Because they charge more for incoming calls to their network.
Not something people often take note of.

Other people have noticed this too. Not just me.

forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=250896

Which landline provider is this? If you are referring to Telewest as in the DS link, they don’t exist any more, they were bought out by the Branson Empire

As I said in my last post, It is the landline provider that is taking the P, not 3

J_K:
Because they charge more for incoming calls to their network.
Not something people often take note of.

Other people have noticed this too. Not just me.

forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=250896

Thats 9 years old pal.

Ah. Didn;t look at the date.
Phone rang ironically…

The company is called XLN telecom. They’re a huge business phone line provider.

J_K:
Ah. Didn;t look at the date.
Phone rang ironically…

The company is called XLN telecom. They’re a huge business phone line provider.

The same company that has a BT Price Promise, and BT’s calls to mobiles on charging bands FM1-FM17 are 12p/6p depending on tariff.

You either have some very old information, or XLN are taking the pish.

Personally I would go with Three over any network. They are the cheapest network for my needs, I pay £15 a month, get 3000 Minutes, 5000 Texts, 5000 3 to 3 calls and All you can eat data (Including unlimited tethering).

My record is 105GB in a month, the mobile signal is faster than my home broadband. I would seriously consider getting rid of the landline and tether out a mobile signal had I not paid 12 months line rental upfront to talktalk.

That price came from their online issued prices.
We use them for alot of foreign calls and their cheap for that which is why we use them…

Still wouldn’t touch 3 with bargepole.
But I don’t like giving people the chance to try and rob me twice.

That’s pretty impressive data usage from a mobile.
We’ve got a 100gb limit on our works broadband and we don;t get near that…