Good news everyone!

I was told by my lawyers to sit quiet for some time, but now I am allowed to disclose some good news:

Employment Tribunal:
The Judgement of the Tribunal is that:-

(a) There has been an unlawful deduction of wages in the sum of 514 pounds which sum the respondents are ordered to pay the claimant;

(b) the respondents are ordered to pay the claimant the sum of 360 pounds in respect of notice pay;

(c) the respondents are ordered to pay the claimant the sum of 360 pounds as a compensation for accured but untaken annual paid leave (holiday) pay (…)

In other words:

ORYS: 3

MCLELLAN’S TRANSPORT: 0

The court agreed with me with every single bit of my claim, they even took in the account unlawful deduction of 10 pounds for some “accident” without my consent or agreement and they said that it was unlawful. They agreed with me, that if I am paid per shift I have to be paid for six shifts, not for five, when I was working six shifts in the week. They agreed with me, that if I had a day off when I was supposed to work six shifts in the week, I should be paid for 6-1=5 shifts, not for four. They agreed with me, that if I was supposed to work six shifts in the week and I was off sick for two days, I should be paid for 6-2=4 sihfts, not for three. They agreed with me that even if I they terminated my employment, I should be paid for my four shifts carried during my last week worked for the company. They agreed with me that I am entitled to notice in lieu pay and to be paid for my unused holidays.

If I will only have some spare time, I will go to the place when the Tom and Robbie (I keep surnames for myself) work and will just throw copy of the judgement in their faces for what they were telling me or for this rude, insolent answer to my grievance letter.

But this is not the end yet :frowning: I have by now only “moral victory”, as McLellan’s Transport is under administration and it may be hard or even impossible to recover my 1200+ pounds…

But it shows that it’s worth to fight for your rights!

I would also like to say a few good words about Strathclyde University Student’s Law Clinic. I went there when I almost lost a hope that I will be able to pursuit my claim. The girls there did a great job by chasing administrators, who were very unkeen to cooperate. Finally they brought the case back to the ET and the judge admitted, that he did not seen so well prepared documentated case for a long time… The girls are still chasing my money at the moment, and I owe them a big thank you! If any of you will ever need the law help, I can really recomend them, and the services of the law clinic is free (altough I wanted to pay it back if possible and I offered my language services to them in case that they will deal with some Polish people).

So altough I don’t have my money at the moment, I am really glad of the outcome and it’s a big relief for me… Thanks to everyone from this forum who gave me their support and keep your fingers crossed for me to be able to recover that amount if possible!

Id chase there new company as there deffo still going…

scottishcruiser:

I would not disclose my plans yet :slight_smile:

orys:

scottishcruiser:

Roughly translated as “yes I will be doing just that” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

orys:

scottishcruiser:

Roughly translated as “yes I will be doing just that” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am not good in translating from English to Polish…

This option is already checked and it’s not so easy due to some circumstances, so we went to another ones.

orys:

DAF95XF:

orys:

scottishcruiser:

I am not good in translating from English to Polish…

This option is already checked and it’s not so easy due to some circumstances, so we went to another ones.

That was humour that was wasted Stu :unamused:

garnerlives:
That was humour that was wasted Stu :unamused:

:astonished:

Ory’s I would Check with the Tribunal Chairman because I’m sure that your award would have been against the Directors not the actual Company.

It’s a Long story but basically when I lost my Employment tribunal it made no difference if I put the company into Liquidation I Was still personally held liable, It was one of the first factors that was discussed in the tribunal hearing.

Congratulations Orys , and all the best with the next stage ,it is nice
to be proven right by a court of law, chase that money ,

Congratulations orys, you stood your ground and won, good luck with getting the money

Tell you what lads with all the new regs coming into the job since i ret,digi tacho,s,cpc,s wtd,i marvel how you get the job done at all,congrats to you all and good luck.
regards dave.

Well done Orys it just shows what you can do with cowboy companies and I really hope you get your money! Can I suggest buying a wee but n ben somewhere near Warsaw with your winnings?

:smiley:

No. Warsaw is ugly city :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t want to go even close to there.