Good food!

Hi,

I have just bought a catering trailer and am looking to provide you guys (and gals) with good cheap food but I want to know where I am needed. Are there any routes you regularly drive where there isn’t anywhere to get good quality cheap food? I am more than happy to relocate anywhere in the UK for the right opportunity.

I appreciate I’m probably trying to find the impossible but this is a new venture for me (and a dream) and you guys obviously know the roads much better than me. I would like to become part of your community in a small way by finding the places you always avoid stopping because there isn’t anywhere to eat and making your lives easier while earning a living for myself.

Any help/advice would be appreciated - but please be gentle cause I’m a trucker forum virgin so if I’ve posted this in the wrong section, can someone please more it to the right place.

Just to add, I will be happy to open any hours you guys recommend and could feasibly open 24/7 if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Go and find a real motorbike shop/ garage with a big forecourt and work weekends too in summer ! And you will make money from both bikers and truckers.
I have a friend doing it and making good money .

Firstly Tinerzz, welcome to the forum most of us are OK but there is 1 or 2 that will give you a hard time!.

I hope your venture gets off the ground, you would need permission and a licence from most if not all of the councils in the area you decide to set up before you start trading. These can be expensive although i presume you already know that.

Whereabouts are you based now, any relocation costs will obviously come of your initial bottom line and could make it unfeasible to move.(Youd need somewhere to stay for instance)

Is there any industrial estates near you that dont have a van, if so thats a place to start, you will have trade from factory workers even if theres no truckers around.

The main way imho to get business is to have regular hours and a regular spot and always be there without fail, that and decent reasonably priced grub will have people calling back again and again

Dont forget it takes hard work and a lot of time to get a good reputation but a bad reputation gets round in no time at all.

Good Luck and let us know where you decide to set up

Welcome.

I can think of lots of places you’re needed especially between 3pm and 6am. All the roadside places seem to think nobody eats between those times…

One place you needn’t bother trying is Crawley, I’ve never seen so many burger vans in one town!

Tinerrz:
Hi,

I have just bought a catering trailer and am looking to provide you guys (and gals) with good cheap food but I want to know where I am needed. Are there any routes you regularly drive where there isn’t anywhere to get good quality cheap food? I am more than happy to relocate anywhere in the UK for the right opportunity.

I appreciate I’m probably trying to find the impossible but this is a new venture for me (and a dream) and you guys obviously know the roads much better than me. I would like to become part of your community in a small way by finding the places you always avoid stopping because there isn’t anywhere to eat and making your lives easier while earning a living for myself.

Any help/advice would be appreciated - but please be gentle cause I’m a trucker forum virgin so if I’ve posted this in the wrong section, can someone please more it to the right place.

Just to add, I will be happy to open any hours you guys recommend and could feasibly open 24/7 if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there Tinerrz, you could do worse than the A47 at Necton, just east of Swaffham. ( goo.gl/maps/gn48U)

There used to be a truck stop there, but it’s a ruin and to be frank, there’s not much on the A47, but a lot of truck traffic heading both East and West, day and night.

It’s about half way between Norwich and Kings Lynn, on the eastern side of the Swaffham by pass. And there’s a very, very expensive BP petrol station and a McDonalds about a mile away towards Swaffham. But as usual, there’s no sensible parking for trucks! Plus, I’ve never actually seen a truck driver use the McDonalds drive through.

I’m certain I could point out a few other spots in East Anglia that has a lot of truck traffic but no sensible refreshment stops!

Wherever you end up, good luck!

Also might be worth looking at local events and car boot sales to see if you can get on, probably highly competitive but worth a try.

Tinerrz:
good cheap food

Which will it be, good or cheap? I’d go for cheap if I was you cos most of these mongrels here don’t seem to know what good food is… :stuck_out_tongue:

FAO Rob K,

So as not to derail this topic, I’ve moved your question here:

Re: Good food! - FEEDBACK FORUM - Let Us Know! (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK