Good Food on the road!

Found a fantastic routier on Tuesday night just north of Alencon on the old national torwards Rouen in the village of Marmouille & a handy 4 hrs 15 minutes to the shuttle! 11 euro for the menu.
Easy to get to from the Le Mans Rouen autoroute exit onto the Caen motorway & exit straight away onto the national at the peage- head north torwards Rouen & the routier is around 5 ks on the right hand side, plenty of parking too!
Any one got any other good eateries to recomend■■?

jacko22:
Found a fantastic routier on Tuesday night just north of Alencon on the old national torwards Rouen in the village of Marmouille & a handy 4 hrs 15 minutes to the shuttle! 11 euro for the menu.
Easy to get to from the Le Mans Rouen autoroute exit onto the Caen motorway & exit straight away onto the national at the peage- head north torwards Rouen & the routier is around 5 ks on the right hand side, plenty of parking too!
Any one got any other good eateries to recomend■■?

thanks for that will give a try next time that way. a good one for me is in Germany at a place called Plaidt of the A.61 at gate35 if heading south or 36 if coming north. just west of were the B.265 if going south meets the L.117 for north bound. a good autohoff with plenty of parking and good German food and not to many comi blok trash as you have to pay and get it back off your excellent meal. well worth a try

good stop that isn’t it jacko :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
if heading north from Rouen after the big hill and then the dodgy layby there is an exit called Les Hayons, up the sliproad turn right and the routier is on the roundabout about 300m from the autoroute.
heading south on the A10 through peage after tours take next exit J25 Ste. Maurie de Touraine, through peage to roundabout turn left routier on right about 500m from peage, open 7 days and speaks english. loves his rugby and if you want free beer take him some beer towels from the UK but if he’s already got them there’s no free beer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i could go on because I’ve got the routier book, costs 19euro :bulb:

One of my favorite’s is Chez jo, 3 k’s nth of aberville, on the old N1, As WBIS says’ get the Routier book, you will find some gem’s, some of the restaraunt’s have a, Casserole, listing which mean’s they do local dishes and give good service etc. Bon appetite

Barcelona_Karl:
One of my favorite’s is Chez jo, 3 k’s nth of aberville, on the old N1, As WBIS says’ get the Routier book, you will find some gem’s, some of the restaraunt’s have a, Casserole, listing which mean’s they do local dishes and give good service etc. Bon appetite

thats another decent one Karl, surprisingly no immigrant problems either :laughing:

when in holland i find no shortage of good food on the road, but a firm favourite is Hengalo truck stop or Frans op den bult the local name. Of at gate 31 from the A1 east bound onto the N342 you cant miss it. a bit pricey but worth it in my opinion plus some of the best showers i have come across.

You can also get from the Les Routier European web site all the Routier,s in France , its departmental ,so if you have a laptop with you its useful,

I used to use some real crackers from the Caen to Flers/Laval route to avoid the tolls near Le Mans,it was a quiet rural route,the area is called Petite Suisse,or Little Switzerland,quaint old villages and river rafting area,with some good Rouitiers on the way down,a bit hilly,but not that bad.
Some good ones north of the Poitiers area,on the national road.