Good evening drivers

Hi there, I’m currently deciding whether or not to come into the field of LGV driving… Currently I work for Tesco as a night team leader, basically I stack shelves and tip lorries for £24k + staff discount, but even though the money is good I’ve fallen out of love with the job and I’m taking a 12 week break from it, in this time my dad has offered to pay for me to do my LGV licence, now even if I end up strolling back into Tesco in February I want to have a fancy licence for future employment options…

What I really hope for, is to do my licence and fall into a driving job pretty quick. My brother pointed me here to have a read through, also sending me to Flair training where he did his training last year…

So don’t mind me whilst I look through your forum and possibly ask stupid questions…

Ps, wonder how many on here know me as Terry from VVOC

Go for it Terry ! And ask as many " stupid " questions as you want. :wink:

How many hours do you work for your £24000?

Go for it Terry,I’m also on VVOC :slight_smile:

Flair is a sound choice. There’s a fair chance of getting work. Don’t expect to earn a lot more than you are at the moment straight away. You may well do, but best not to rely on it.

All the best and fire away with the questions, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It would be difficult to get £24,000 plus bonuses and overtime as a new starter in HGV. That’s if someone is giving you a chance on an artic without any experience. ( rare)

It all depends on the area you live, 25k starting in my area seems to be the normal