Good discussion topic

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co … e-22104151

good man i say

You’ll have Mike the Mod after ya! :stuck_out_tongue:

Racist i say

daleman:
Racist i say

Nah.No such race exists?

Imo hes got a valid point and its not being racist its theft.

whats he supposed to do, yes it is a delicasy in their countries, but they are fishing and taking home with them iv seen them doing it at local fishing place trust people to jump on the good old racism bandwagon the no good rats ■■■■ off to their country then as ours is ■■■■■■ now through ■■■■■■■■■ like you

Does he count all his fish before and after they arrive - does he search them on the way out. i used to do a lot of fishing and this is a long standing problem - even before the " east europeans" arrived.

Couple of points, living not far from the fishing lake and knowing the bloke concerned, before people start calling the man racist ect. The signs have been up for over 2 years now (and other lakes in the area also have similar signs) and he was reported by an anonymous member of the public who didn’t have the balls to do it publicly. If you lived in this neck of the woods you would find that you are surrounded by " townies , London commuters ect who have moved into this area and then proceed to criticise any one who doesn’t live up to their exacting standerds. It isn’t just a problem with private lakes being a owner of a narrowboat and having travelled most of this countrys canal system signs abound written in Polish ect asking people to refrain from taking fish home for eating because fishing clubs and so on stock them only to have them taken away. I don’t see the Canal and river trust ( what used to be British waterways) getting vilified for it why should he ? People spend large amounts of money providing these facilities and if you had spent money for example stocking a pond in your back garden and someone knicked your Koi carp one night you would soon be on to plod comlaining. You only ask people so many times to refrain from doing it so many times before you say enough. Im not a angler by the way but those who are spend sometimes thousands on equipment its their hobby and good luck to them they having paid their dues to fish these lakes are entitled to enjoy it. To give you an idea of the way it is round here the Ceo of one of the major supermarkets lives 5 mins from here, at harvest time a local farmer was combinding a field of wheat opposite his house at 9 o clock at night a quick phone call in the right ear dispatched the police to ask him to stop it , needless to say he carried on after a few choice words were exchanged, on the other hand a womans body lay in a field at the side of the road for a couple of weeks and if someone hadn’t stopped for a p… she d have been there yet. The local news has been all about this chap tonight and he,s being unjustly vilified . Rant over…