Good day so far

Got into work today, haven’t been in since Friday.
Realised I’d left my card in on other work Friday morning, so I’ve now got 95+ hours of other work on my card and 2hr30 drive time from Friday. :unamused:

And to top it off, my new satnav appears to be dead. Plugged it all in with the new mount and plug, but nada… was working fine at home when I updated it on Friday evening, but somehow it appears to have killed itself. :imp:

Things are going well.

Better start off with a 45 then :smiley:

Yep, just what I needed. Was hoping to get going early today too.
Oh well, it’s given me time to sort out the return of the satnav to very…
Wonder if they will send me a new one, or just refund the £150 quid.

Just wondering have you tried the little reset button , if it has one my old sat nav use to die occasionally And this will give a reboot.

After you updated it did you switch it off or put it into power saving mode as if it was the latter the battery could be flat and it might need a while on charge before it will start up.

The “reset” button on current TomToms is the power button. You may have to press and hold it for a long time (20-30 seconds) to get it to unfreeze the software and power off completely, then release the button, then press and hold it again for a few seconds until it starts to boot up. Then release the button.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

I’ve tried the button several times for up to 40 seconds. Also the charge light isn’t even lighting up when plugged in direct or through the mount. It’s been “on charge” all day and still no sign of life. I’ll try it plugged into the computer when I get home and see if that can jump start it.

Cheapest fix first bud, check the lead. That may mean borrowing one from a mate with a compatible model.

What a mistaker to maker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oh and the drama bet your panicking like mad cos the sat nav ain’t working :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:
Oh and the drama bet your panicking like mad cos the sat nav ain’t working :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Afraid not. I can quite happily get by without one, just handy to know the traffic.

I managed to get from Gloucester to Thatcham, then on to Andover, Marlborough, Swindon and back to Gloucester, all by myself… ain’t I clever. :wink:

Tried two leads, it’s as dead as Tango Boy’s humour.

109LWB:

tango boy:

Afraid not. I can quite happily get by without one, just handy to know the traffic.

I managed to get from Gloucester to Thatcham, then on to Andover, Marlborough, Swindon and back to Gloucester, all by myself… ain’t I clever. :wink:

Tried two leads, it’s as dead as Tango Boy’s humour.

Mmmmm yes humour or not I still have clear Digi card :laughing: :laughing:

109LWB:
I’ve tried the button several times for up to 40 seconds. Also the charge light isn’t even lighting up when plugged in direct or through the mount. It’s been “on charge” all day and still no sign of life. I’ll try it plugged into the computer when I get home and see if that can jump start it.

If it’s a Trucker 6000 there is no charge light to light up… The only LED is on the ■■■-lighter USB widget and that simply confirms power is ON - doesn’t show charging status.

Hmm, well it was still charging for a long time and wouldn’t start up.
I tried the long button press several times, tried connecting to the PC and it wouldn’t recognise it.

Got me doubting it now, will have to unwrap it and try again.

109LWB:
Hmm, well it was still charging for a long time and wouldn’t start up.
I tried the long button press several times, tried connecting to the PC and it wouldn’t recognise it.

Got me doubting it now, will have to unwrap it and try again.

Try driving over it :laughing: :laughing:

109LWB:
Yep, just what I needed. Was hoping to get going early today too.
Oh well, it’s given me time to sort out the return of the satnav to very…
Wonder if they will send me a new one, or just refund the £150 quid.

You’re joking right? You didn’t seriously start with a 45 to clear your driving time■■? :open_mouth:

Nah, I just took my card out and cracked on.

Must be catching, I left card in all last weekend on other duties, pesky ‘24 hour’ break is permanently on!