Good companies to work for?

Hi…

I am looking for work… can anyone advice me of any decent companies out there that would be ok for a new guy like myself?

Maybe a silly question, but I am just lost in it all at the moment…

Any advice would be great! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Gary T. (Class 1 or 2)

Gary Taylor:
Hi…

I am looking for work… can anyone advice me of any decent companies out there that would be ok for a new guy like myself?

Maybe a silly question, but I am just lost in it all at the moment…

Any advice would be great! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Gary T. (Class 1 or 2)

Where you from?

Good point!

Warrington…

I cant point you directly to an employer, but you’re close to major industrial areas. You can sign up with agencies. Possibly better to go knocking on doors, leave a letter or cv and keep at them. Make sure you’re prepared to work immediately as someone might have a problem you can solve.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Try Meyer timber Warrington I use to work for them in there Leeds depot. Good company.

Paul :smiley:

Great… thank you advice is appreciated… :smiley:

What sort of work?.Day work?.Tramping?.

http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=5210a626486661e8&from=serp

20k and all the stale donuts you can eat :laughing:

Wh is it your working for bald bloke? Do they have any depo in or around manchester pal?

I’d send speculative applications to all the companies in the region that you wouldn’t mind working for, whether they be freight companies, supermarkets, building suppliers or whoever. Agencies are good for finding you work in the short term but you’ll be spending a lot of time idle if you just rely on them.

Nozza:
What sort of work?.Day work?.Tramping?.

Looking for days would try nights… trunking and Some weekends…

CraigM:
http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=5210a626486661e8&from=serp

20k and all the stale donuts you can eat :laughing:

Stale you say? ha i guess you soon be sick of Donuts… Mmmm! :smiley:

Cheers!

As much as people slate them I work for stobarts at Appleton an enjoy it. I only started my driving career last year in March at the age of 23 and they gave me the chance to go straight to tramping and have always given me help when I needed it. But if you look on their site think theirs jobs goin in Appleton and Widnes on tesco and containers. My sis also works for an agency in Runcorn and can you constant work their called d&d recruit.
Good look in job hunt pal

IndigoJo:
I’d send speculative applications to all the companies in the region that you wouldn’t mind working for, whether they be freight companies, supermarkets, building suppliers or whoever. Agencies are good for finding you work in the short term but you’ll be spending a lot of time idle if you just rely on them.

Thanks for the advise!! :smiley:

PHIL89:
As much as people slate them I work for stobarts at Appleton an enjoy it. I only started my driving career last year in March at the age of 23 and they gave me the chance to go straight to tramping and have always given me help when I needed it. But if you look on their site think theirs jobs goin in Appleton and Widnes on tesco and containers. My sis also works for an agency in Runcorn and can you constant work their called d&d recruit.

Cheers Phil :grimacing:

PHIL89:

Cheers Phil :grimacing: