good cheap sat nav

anybody know of a good cheap lgv sat nav that they have had good success with, as the birthday coming up 2 months time and gona get a member of the family to get me one :laughing: bout £200 £300, cheers guys :wink:

My kids bought me a cheap one from eBay around 70 quid mark , does the job for me not had any issues yet with it I do use it with my maps to check though but never taken me anywhere I shouldn’t go yet normally look for route on maps then last bit in to find road use sat nav , can input weight height length etc on mine and easy to follow with road signs up on top of screen is approx 7inch screen so big enough to see , speed cameras highlighted as well as speed for road I’m on shows bridges etc and all 7 1/2 tonne limits does the job for me

Jx

Pronav, used them ones with bridges installed and there crap.

Saaamon:
Pronav, used them ones with bridges installed and there crap.

I don’t recommend Pronav. It can take ‘forever’ to plan a route. Can take 30 seconds to realise you have left a roundabout and are waiting for the exit number for the next one. Cannot go straight from ‘stop drive’ to ‘follow map’ (you need to exit and then go through vehicle selection, etc). Screen text is tiny. Will only warn of weight limits if they are are on a planned route (ie. not just on ‘follow map’). I could go on but you probably get the idea.
All I can say in its favour is it is unlikely to be stolen by anyone who knows anything about Sat Navs. :slight_smile:

Have a look on the Tom Tom website, they usually have some deals on refurbished ones. Mine was £70 off list and comes with full warranty.

thanxs vry much guys for all the info, ill know to stay away from pronav anyway :laughing:

I have a Tom Tom Go start just the basic 1 tbh & find that it is fine

But do have a map & the Mark one eyeball :laughing: sat nav which tend to keep me out of trouble :wink:

I bought a snooper 7000truckmate £240 so far been ok i’d still check map as well though because it did try to send me down 7.5 tonne weight limit road don’t think any r perfect but still very good tom tom truckmates r £400 this is just as good and half the price .

davy1111:
anybody know of a good cheap lgv sat nav that they have had good success with, as the birthday coming up 2 months time and gona get a member of the family to get me one :laughing: bout £200 £300, cheers guys :wink:

SNOOPER S900 TRUCKMATE UK-£220, UE-£260.
TOMTOM GO 7000 TRUCK UE-£450. BUT NEWER ONES ARE CHEAPER.

Both very reliable, perfect trucker mate.
Bad experience: whatever you buy, get it from official shop/dealer only.

( snooper has the best maps for lorries including low bridges, narrow roads, no left/right turns, so everithing.also you’ll find anything by post code. personally 10/10 for class 1.) snoopers.co.uk/snooper_s900_ … ckmate.asp

( tomtom knows everything what you need, + bluetooth. the map layout looks nice but database could be better. personally 10/10 for class 2 multi-drop) tomtom-navigation.co.uk/index.php

I use both, very pleased. Hope it’ll help.
Gabby

thanxs gabby :wink:

I bought this off ebay and been using it for over a month now, really cant fault it

Item number: 130605917494

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Get the Snooper S7000,has the TV in it,16 multi drops,traffic managment like road clossures or flooding,accidents and so on,not that cheap thought.

i use a pronav pnn300 and realy cant fault it it can be slow at times to update with exits etc but you just follow the map simple :sunglasses:

hi you can get the navman tourer with truck mode you get 30 days free truck mode then you have to pay about £70 to keep it ,halfords never told me this when I bought it so I complained to them ,and after a bit of persuasion they agreed to pay it for me ,so far its been very good ,

Have you bought a savy nav yet ■■ I bought a tom tom pro 7150 a while back as I use to swear by tom tom sadly its not as expected it to be planning routes can take a lot longer than what I was use to and live services are not available to none fleet users. On a plus side I’ve not had any real issues with weights,bridges etc and it was fantastic in Holland but thats probably down to its a dutch company who own it.

My next one probably be a snooper!!

i havent got sat nav as yet, will get members of family to get me one for my 31st birthday next month :laughing: im studying at moment for my mod 4 so just want to get myself prepared for when i do start work, still stuck on which sat nav to get, as theres some good advice on this thread, thanxs again to all for the advice :wink:

i got one of ebay the ones that work on windows xe platform coast about 80 for a large screen one i find it good but like any you cant trust it you have to watch for signs etc
it also dont like central london especially when u put in the weights due to the restrictions so i put in a weight of 3 ton and watch signs
has anyone used snooper etc in central london are they any good for there