Good cheap sat nav

Anyone had any experience with the NozaTec 7’’ gps being sold on eBay for approx 50 quid? Going to be buying one this week so it’s either that or a different one for around that price if anyone has any recommendations!

Thanks

Luke

Yeah I’ve had one for 7 months now.Can’t fault it for the price.Use mine in the UK and europe.Lot of people have bought one from a place called truckers tables.Man named Chris.Of ebay.Might be worth giving that one a look also.

Nozza:
Yeah I’ve had one for 7 months now.Can’t fault it for the price.Use mine in the UK and europe.Lot of people have bought one from a place called truckers tables.Man named Chris.Of ebay.Might be worth giving that one a look also.

Brilliant cheers - so it includes height and width restrictions etc? And runs off cigarette lighter ?

Yeah.Height width and length. And runs of 12 or 24 volt.

Hello - I have 1 as well, but updating it is the problem and it does not do speed cameras well mine don’t :cry:

Have to agree with updating it.Oh also does’ nt have live traffic if you were looking for one with that.Don’t find not having speed cameras a problem to be honest.

I’ve got one off Chris and so far it’s been ok. You can create profiles so I’ve 2, one for my car and one for a truck .

Still waiting for Cpc crap so not used as a truck per se

That said - it’s an aid I’ve never relied 100% on one, yes it’ll get me there but once near I’ll use the old brain and eyeball just to make sure!

As you’ve said in title you want a CHEAP one so expect ‘shortcomings’

Most are from ChinkyDoodle land so copies , maps are as up to date as sellers sells them as you won’t be able to update legit , deal with it at price your wanting

Realise this - you can pay a fortune for one but still find short comings in it some where , or pay cheap have more short comings - either way you’ll adjust using your noodle’

I like my sat navs but never have relied on them all the way!

Get a cheapie - see what you think and then decide if you want to pay for a snoop doggie 8000 at £400+

Me- cheapie + map and window down and ask works well enough

Nozza:
Have to agree with updating it.Oh also does’ nt have live traffic if you were looking for one with that.Don’t find not having speed cameras a problem to be honest.

Yeh so all though it says free updates for life we know why lol yeh speed cameras are not a problem but always nice to be warned just in case your day dreaming :laughing: :wink:

Lol…True enough.But I only drive around at 52.8.On motorways and duel carriageway so I can daydream as much as I like.lol.Have tried updating.But I find it far to complicated downloading the maps.As long as you treat it for what it is.And use your brain and truckers atlas.You won’t go far wrong.

Ghost01:

Nozza:

Yeh so all though it says free updates for life we know why lol yeh speed cameras are not a problem but always nice to be warned just in case your day dreaming :laughing: :wink:

I have something similar , and while it is possible to update maps you need either a ology or a 6 yr old to do it for you :smiley: also you can only update one map at a time ie uk car maps or uk truck maps etc etc and it was a lengthy process . I got lucky my son came to visit (he wanted something ) so he got the job :smiley:

Lol.Send him round mine then.Could do with updating them

Think I’ll go for one of those ebay ones. Just after an aid really not a fail safe option - will still use my truck map and stick to speed limits.

Thanks

Luke

Nozza:
Lol.Send him round mine then.Could do with updating them

And mine lol

I only want speed cameras adding on :wink: and even the instruction booklet is poor and don’t really explain things :cry:

I’m pretty sure that the one from that chris is easier to update.Bloke at work has one.He said you purchase a sd card of him with updated maps.So might be worth going for that one.

Which maps and system
do you guys have?

Mine uses igo primo and adding cameras seems easy enough.

Yeah I have the igo 8 I think it is.

Nozza:
Yeah I have the igo 8 I think it is.

Yeh same here :smiley:

dcgpx:
Which maps and system
do you guys have?

Mine uses igo primo and adding cameras seems easy enough.

How do we add them please :exclamation:

Ok as most ‘cheap’ seem to used a fiddled igo system , adding cameras is very easy.

The system uses 3 files

Speedcam.txt
Speedcam.spdb
Speedcamupdates.spud

The txt file is the important one as it holds the coordinates of the cameras.

Now to update you have to download the latest files to your computer and then copy them to the sat nav.

There’s a few variations on where files are stored but ALL will have a folder called speedcam some where and that’s where files are stored

Mines on the SD card in

/primo/content/speedcam/

I have the latest files but doubt it’s ok to post on here, not even sure how as I’m used to computer forums .

Anyone wants specific details them feel free to PM

Adding other Poi depends on version you have but not that hard

All this depends on you being able to access your device on your PC or the SD card to copy files to

May sound hard but once you’ve done it easy peasy.

Is there any way of checking to see if you have speed cameras set in any of the menus :unamused: