Good Bluff!!

You can have peace of mind when training with The LGV Training Company as all of our training schools are DSA registered. You may not believe it, but it is not compulsory for a training school to be of a DSA standard.

It’s true that it’s not a legal requirement though a handfull of us are actually acreddited (check the DSA website for the list.) But The LGV Training Company certainly do not have all their schools DSA registered. In fact, there is no such thing as a DSA registered school - only acredited. Yet another good bluff - almost as good as the Direct LGV warning against brokers!

If your’e looking for training, go and see the trainer. Make sure they really do exist. It’s a bad world out there it seems!

Buyer beware. :laughing: :laughing:

Personally I think anyone who hands over a load of cash before meeting the instructor needs their head testing!!!

I have done my lessons over 2 weeks because it suits me better doing it that way. I just pay per lesson as I did when I learnt to drive. It works out I am paying £39.50 per hour or £158 per 4 hour 1:1 session and im very happy. If I fail it will be down to nobody but myself making a blunder!

Pete

Stop getting so wound up about these companies. I know you value your DSA accreditation and so you should. If I was just starting out and had read this board I would definately travel to train with a person like you.

Trouble is this game has a very easy access to market. Pass the test, wait 3 years (not that anyone would check that) stick an advert on Google saying “LGV 2 &1 for £699” and you are in business.

Within 2 weeks you sell 30-40 courses. Take the money and fold. Then start again.

This business used to be about the training and the quality. Now its an easy buck to the sharks. Our business is not alone mate.

Long term the cream rises to the top. You will be at the top long after the cowboys sink

Keep the faith Pete

As always regards

John

Flair Training

Stop getting so wound up about these companies.

I get “wound up” on 2 counts. Firstly, the punter who spends a small fortune having been misinformed and then potentially ends up with nothing. Secondly, yes I am proud of our achievements and I don’t see why I should sit back and let rogues claim that they have the same accreditations when they clearly don’t.

So I’ll crave your indulgence whilst I continue my campaign against liars.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Stop getting so wound up about these companies.

I get “wound up” on 2 counts. Firstly, the punter who spends a small fortune having been misinformed and then potentially ends up with nothing. Secondly, yes I am proud of our achievements and I don’t see why I should sit back and let rogues claim that they have the same accreditations when they clearly don’t.

So I’ll crave your indulgence whilst I continue my campaign against liars.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree, the more bad press against these ************* the better… hopefully less people will get ripped off.

If I was ripped off by one of these rogue traders I would be knocking on their office doors having a stern word with them.

you will give ya sen a heart attack pete!!! chill out

LGVTrainer:
Trouble is this game has a very easy access to market. Pass the test, wait 3 years (not that anyone would check that) stick an advert on Google saying “LGV 2 &1 for £699” and you are in business.

Within 2 weeks you sell 30-40 courses. Take the money and fold. Then start again.

This business used to be about the training and the quality. Now its an easy buck to the sharks. Our business is not alone mate.

How do you know this? :smiley:

I am with the Smythster on this one.

I am sure Peter has worked long and hard to attain and maintain DSA centre accrediation as well as DSA Instructor approval. Why should those who have not invested in getting approval themselves get away with making such blatant claims?

hgvlgvtraining

Mike-C:

LGVTrainer:

Within 2 weeks you sell 30-40 courses.Take the money and fold. Then start again.

This is not for ■■■■■■■ real surely? Talk about more neck than a giraffe! Its not too often I can say i’m stuck for words but i’m still having trouble picking my chin up off the floor. Jesus Christ on a bike i’m utterly speechless.

Mike-C & Mr Happy

LGVTrainer:
Trouble is this game has a very easy access to market. Pass the test, wait 3 years (not that anyone would check that) stick an advert on Google saying “LGV 2 &1 for £699” and you are in business.Within 2 weeks you sell 30-40 courses. Take the money and fold. Then start again.This business used to be about the training and the quality. Now its an easy buck to the sharks. Our business is not alone mate.

MrHappy:

Mike-C:

LGVTrainer:

Within 2 weeks you sell 30-40 courses.Take the money and fold. Then start again.

This is not for [zb] real surely? Talk about more neck than a giraffe! Its not too often I can say i’m stuck for words but i’m still having trouble picking my chin up off the floor. Jesus Christ on a bike i’m utterly speechless.

How do I know this ? Nearly 30 years of experience is how I know this. My point on this site is to help new starters where possible. I would like to think I achieve this.

The reason trainers offer their help F.O.C on this site is not to sell courses. It is because we feel for the industry. Those trainers that do contribute here are usually spot on with their advice.

To pass these tests you have to be positive. Be positive now.

My door is open to anyone for advice

Regards

John
Flair Training

I think you might have missed the point of myself and Mike-C’s sarcastic remarks. Either that or you have just chosen to ignore them. Fair enough either way. You’re a funny guy though i’ll give you that, you obviously have no sense of irony however, but thats fine too. Keep it up, or should I say, keep the faith :unamused:

No Mr Happy

I understand your interpretation of a sense of irony. Perhaps you should offer some sound advice to the board instead of constant critism of those that do.

Why not call me to see if we can help new trainees pass this not hard to pass test ? Not hard to pass but easy to fail.

I guess it is easier behind the keyboard than the other option.

Before I go…

There are 4 key ingredients to passing this test

1. Know the speed limit you are in and get up to it where poss
  2. Know what gear you are in
  3. (main one) Know who is behind you
  4. Never EVER make another vehicle slow down or change his course because you are in the bigger vehicle. (should be number 1)

If you know the above at all times you are probably about 80% of the way to a pass. Of course there is more but I will leave that to Mr Happy

Regards

John
Flair Training

LGVTrainer:
No Mr Happy

I understand your interpretation of a sense of irony. Perhaps you should offer some sound advice to the board instead of constant critism of those that do.

Good, i’m pleased that we all understand each other regarding that particular point. I do wonder though, when you made the point that I originally highlighted, did you manage to keep a straight face?

Why not call me to see if we can help new trainees pass this not hard to pass test ? Not hard to pass but easy to fail.

The original post was not about passing any tests, it was about the accreditation (or not) of a particular company Peter had seen. Why would I call you?

I guess it is easier behind the keyboard than the other option.

Well, you know what they say, “Those that can, do, those that can’t, teach.”

Before I go…

There are 4 key ingredients to passing this test

1. Know the speed limit you are in and get up to it where poss
  2. Know what gear you are in
  3. (main one) Know who is behind you
  4. Never EVER make another vehicle slow down or change his course because you are in the bigger vehicle. (should be number 1)

More free advice from a well respected trainer. I’ve nothing constructive to add, so here’s something else that they say, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything,” i’d better stick to that on this occasion.

If you know the above at all times you are probably about 80% of the way to a pass. Of course there is more but I will leave that to Mr Happy

Regards

John
Flair Training