Gonna be expensive!

Noticed this morning the A417 Crickley hill near Gloucester was closed… Pretty common occurrence. Only just found out why. A tipper hit a car and over turned, they have only just recovered it and opened one lane.

So that’s an 8 hr plus closure on one of the busiest routes in the area, plus to top it off, a car and caravan broke down on the very narrow and steep diversion route, causing even more chaos.

So, who gets the bill for the police attendance, fire brigade, ambulance, highways agency, heavy recovery truck, car recovery truck and road cleanup? Bet the truckers insurance company will have a shock. :open_mouth:

Who’s tipper was it? I might apply for the drivers’ job. :wink:

109LWB:
Noticed this morning the A417 Crickley hill near Gloucester was closed… Pretty common occurrence. Only just found out why. A tipper hit a car and over turned, they have only just recovered it and opened one lane.

So that’s an 8 hr plus closure on one of the busiest routes in the area, plus to top it off, a car and caravan broke down on the very narrow and steep diversion route, causing even more chaos.

So, who gets the bill for the police attendance, fire brigade, ambulance, highways agency, heavy recovery truck, car recovery truck and road cleanup? Bet the truckers insurance company will have a shock. :open_mouth:

depends who was at fault

Cotswoldcrunch:

Thot u were happy ■■■■■■■ flour

scotstrucker:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Love the driving, but knackered my back and ankle doing the physical stuff (chiropractor kindly reminded me last week that he’d told me before not to do the job again :blush: )
According to Indeed website, some agency claim they need 29 tipper drivers as someone has “bought 29 new tippers…” Can’t believe that personally, but they might need an e tra one after today. :laughing:

Looks more like a hook loader to me, initial report said tipper, then skip lorry.

I can see why it took so long to recover now.
Can’t link the pic direct, but the tweet from the local police has a photo

Before

twitter.com/glosroadpol/status/ … 5700596736

After

twitter.com/glosroadpol/status/ … 3747663872

Didn’t he do well. I bet if he’d just gone home, no one would ever have known :slight_smile:

Hope everyone’s ok.

The woman in the BMW he hit on the way certainly knew. She had a free trip in a helicopter to show for it.

KR79, can’t reply to your pm but I’ve got it. Is your Dad still on for Einigs? I worked with him on a muckshift in Taplow back in February. Nice chap. Just seen an ad for tipper drivers in London, upto £125/day. :open_mouth:

109LWB:
The woman in the BMW he hit on the way certainly knew. She had a free trip in a helicopter to show for it.

Sorry to hear that. Hope she’s ok.

Cotswoldcrunch:
KR79, can’t reply to your pm but I’ve got it. Is your Dad still on for Einigs? I worked with him on a muckshift in Taplow back in February. Nice chap. Just seen an ad for tipper drivers in London, upto £125/day. :open_mouth:

Thameside waste ? Driving tippers is a horrible job, rush rush rush overweight rush pulled by vosa fine rush rush overweight pulled by vosa. Leave it to the Eastern Europeans unless your disparate.

Cotswoldcrunch:

scotstrucker:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Love the driving, but knackered my back and ankle doing the physical stuff (chiropractor kindly reminded me last week that he’d told me before not to do the job again :blush: )
According to Indeed website, some agency claim they need 29 tipper drivers as someone has “bought 29 new tippers…” Can’t believe that personally, but they might need an e tra one after today. :laughing:

Lots of strange rumours circulating at the moment…

109LWB:
Looks more like a hook loader to me, initial report said tipper, then skip lorry.

I can see why it took so long to recover now.
Can’t link the pic direct, but the tweet from the local police has a photo

Before

twitter.com/glosroadpol/status/ … 5700596736

After

twitter.com/glosroadpol/status/ … 3747663872

Bloody hell, he buried it deep.

lightning:

Cotswoldcrunch:

scotstrucker:

Cotswoldcrunch:

So these “29” might be pink then? :wink:

Cotswoldcrunch:

lightning:

Cotswoldcrunch:

scotstrucker:

Cotswoldcrunch:

So these “29” might be pink then? :wink:

Couldn’t possibly comment as not in the know! We Have been linked to a few things recently. All I know is Iv been told by a contact that we are supposed to be expanding rapidly and that it is not the just 4x eight leggers that we have on order!
He might be wrong - he has before, but things that I have seen about might be true.

Fulham FC:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Thameside waste ? Driving tippers is a horrible job, rush rush rush overweight rush pulled by vosa fine rush rush overweight pulled by vosa. Leave it to the Eastern Europeans unless your disparate.

Yes still there he loves it after all the years driving in london.
There strugling to find decent drivers in London plenty of firms playing 130-140 a day some are paying up to 200 a shift for weekend nights.
Have you ever drove a tipper or just listening to others i havent had a pull off vosa in a couple of years and dont rush anywhere.

lightning:
Couldn’t possibly comment as not in the know! We Have been linked to a few things recently. All I know is Iv been told by a contact that we are supposed to be expanding rapidly and that it is not the just 4x eight leggers that we have on order!
He might be wrong - he has before, but things that I have seen about might be true.

If I lived closer to your place I’dve applied for one those 8w jobs; That and 1 night out a week is enough for me. :blush: Hope your lot do expand as from my experiences they’re a sound lot. I never had any problems with your lot when on Smiths (you never left anything to grow in the type 1 unlike some of the others), and Matthews never complain when running into the mill.

Cotswoldcrunch:

lightning:

If I lived closer to your place I’dve applied for one those 8w jobs; That and 1 night out a week is enough for me. :blush: Hope your lot do expand as from my experiences they’re a sound lot. I never had any problems with your lot when on Smiths (you never left anything to grow in the type 1 unlike some of the others), and Matthews never complain when running into the mill.

Yes thanks for that. Im working hard to instill quality control on our guys. We have had some ■■■■ ups in the past but touch wood - nothing for some time. Some of the 8 wheelers are going to be outbased, simply as we cant operate any more from worcester until the new yard is sorted, as we havent enough space for all the trucks and the expanded farm. Rugby are hunting for a new yard too so we can expand on that site too. Plus we have other irons in fires too.
I loaded road salt last week with 2x other reputable bulk hauliers. I brushed my trailer out, where as the Blue hauliers from the west midlands clearly didnt. I know its Road salt but what about pride■■?

Would the mentioned “blue hauliers” have an association with Uncle Fester and company?
:wink:

You are so right Gomez…