Gone over 15hr spread - rules on rest

After some advice please. I started at 0715 today and I’ve gone over my 15 hrs by 15 mins, finishing at 2230. I got held up in an accident on the 62 for an hour tonight (didn’t move an inch), then delayed by a detour round Castleford cos they shut the 62 for roadworks. Anyway, I had a high value load on and wanted to get the trailer back to the dock, so that’s what I did.

What I don’t know now is if I’m OK to just have 9 off and go again at 0730 tomorrow, or do I have to add 15 mins to my daily rest and put card in at 0745 instead?

I’ve done printouts explaining what happened tonight, but I don’t want to give myself any further grief if I should compensate for the time I’ve gone over

write on the back of the printout - 15 mins over max spreadover to find secure parking for a high value load . Delays caused by incident on M62 and road closure . Sign and date it . Keep with you for 30 days . No drama.
Good to go in 9hrs if you have a 9 left .

If you have a reduced daily rest period available you can start work again as soon as you’ve had 9 hours rest (07:30).

There’s no need to add the 15 minutes onto your rest period.

Sent from my mobile.

Thanks guys, that’s what I thought and hoped. Just wasted to double check to make sure it wasn’t good practice to make up for being naughty…

Oh yes the old “high value load” trick, the ministry have never heard that one before!

Worst that can happen is a prison sentence,hanging was abolished years ago :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:
On a serious note got stuck on Thelwell viaduct and got to Lymm TS close to two hours over my 15 all I did was write on the back the reason,nothing happened.

One wonders…

If a ‘low value load’ or one is empty means you have to stop right where you are in lane 2?

To my mind the most valuable part is me.

ive never written high value cargo just an explanation of the sitaution as to why ive run through three different countries for 22 hours non stop to catch a boat.

I did a 27hr shift once, stuck in France in the snow. Well I wasn’t stuck but something somewhere was lol

Written explanation plus I managed to find a news article about it which I kept as reference but it was never needed and I got stopped in Holland a couple of weeks later.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Oh yes the old “high value load” trick, the ministry have never heard that one before!

It was a full load of Huggies baby wipes, and there was no way I was stopping around Leeds/Castleford at 9pm or in a layby on the 180 with that on!

kevchalluk:
It was a full load of Huggies baby wipes, and there was no way I was stopping around Leeds/Castleford at 9pm or in a layby on the 180 with that on!

They might have CLEANED you out :laughing:

I had to pull over in a layby as i was 20 mile from yard and done something like a 14hr 58min shift. Luckly i had my nightout gear with me.
Yesterday just made it back to the yard with minutes to spare before needing another 45 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevchalluk:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

You make it sound like you transported Gold Bars…

Car Transporters park in the A 180 laybys and I don’t think your load had that much „value“.

What would your TM say if you brought the trailer back to the terminal in the morning??

I think I would’ve stopped somewhere on the M62 in the services, industrial estate or layby and carried on in the morning.
If the office moans > well it’s my license not theirs.

To be fair I‘m not saying it’s wrong going 15 minutes over but some companies will say „Well pal, last time you went over your time, you still returned the trailer. Why not this time?“ If you done it once they maybe it always from now on.

tachograph:
If you have a reduced daily rest period available you can start work again as soon as you’ve had 9 hours rest (07:30).

Sent from my mobile.

There is if you want to back yourself up. Shows you made a genuine effort to rectify the “mistake” by getting a full 9 off.

ajt:

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

There is if you want to back yourself up. Shows you made a genuine effort to rectify the “mistake” by getting a full 9 off.

2230 to 0730 is a full 9 hours