Gone on holiday

tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyr

Happened to someone i know in his early 50s. He was back to work after about 9 months. It happened while he was driving too

Someone i worked with back in the 90,s had a stroke he was off for a year but came back driving with us he seemed fine after. I would think it depends on how bad it is and how it effects you.

I have had 2 TIA’s within the space of a year and got my class 1 back within 6 months or so, but had to go for various tests and do that dreaded treadmill thing for 10 mins, like running up the side of a mountain.

I had a TIA in 2007 while waiting to unload in Hull . Spent a night in Hull Royal Infirmary and was advised not to drive at all for a month and Dvla revoked my HGV. As it affected me mentally more than physically it took me 19 months to get my license back after a lot of tests . My firm kept my job open for me and after a week back it was like id never been ill.

hi all…thanks for your replys…those have returned to work,are you doing day work,or nights out…i had my stroke in a layby when i woke up…told i was lucky i woke up…never mind the 3 hour drive i did to hget back home…

I went back to tramping straight away and did it till i retired last September . Worked just as hard after the stroke as before. Now only do 2 days a week to keep my hand in not for medical reasons .

I was off work for seven weeks then went back to sea and did a bit of relief driving for an agency during my leave time.

good evening…just one last thing…did any of you findthe cause of stroke etc…or did youput down to the fantastic conditions this life of a trucker brings lol…and just changed diet how you work etc thanks