Gone hi-tec, well it is for Cornwall!

Bought this last weekend -

The Navman icn320 portable Satnav, comes ready to use out of the box, with power lead (12v) and windscreen mounting hardware.

At the moment on special offer of £169.99 at Currys, Comet, PC World etc (normally £279.99).

Initial reports are very good, although start up sometimes a little slow. 4digit postcode, street name and number input, clear voice directions and large screen maps, tried it on a couple of known routes and been directed to within a lorry length of address.

Upgradable with smart media cards.

I give it 9 out of 10 so far.

John

Nice one. welcome to the “Real Drivers Don’t Use Satnav” club. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I use a Navman 650 and it is a very good bit of kit.

BTW although the power lead says 12 volt I use mine in both 12 and 24 volt sockets and it works.

just dont ask semtex hhow to get cameras on it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Exmoor Hi-tec

£13.99 on Amazon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you had bought that from Amazon with my book Denis you would have got free postage. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Neil.

Does the power lead work on 24v for all models? I thought about trying it but don’t fancy ‘smoking’ the machine :frowning:

Still find it a little spooky, in the sense of, it knows where you are, how fast your going etc…

John

PS Nice one Denis F :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not 100% sure John, you could email Navman and ask I guess.

I was bored one day and thought wonder what will happen if I plug this in there, thankfully no smoke. I thought it would be OK as most phone chargers are marked 12 volt but any that I have had have always worked on 24.

i wouldnt plug it in to the 24v the website says its only 12v DONT TRY IT

The website says that for mine as well alix and it works.

The lead for my iPAQ is the same, says 12 volt but works just fine in the 24 volt socket. Most of these leads drop the voltage to the bit of kit below 12 volts anyway so at worst you would only blow the lead.

Coffeeholic:
If you had bought that from Amazon with my book Denis you would have got free postage. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:blush: :blush: I bought a AA truckers atlas at the same time to get free postage - forgot about yours :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

alix776:
just dont ask semtex hhow to get cameras on it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got em working fine now mate :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I’ve got a Mio 168 with POI Warner for the Speed cameras and Nagivon Navigator 5 for the navigation software. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

However, it’s just come back from the retailer via the manufacturers. The retailer “forgot” to send me a new serial number for the nav software? Why do I need it? well, the mainboard was replaced, which means it has a different digital identification now, which means the original details don’t work!!

Got very frustrated with (the retailer)'s telephone system. Was hung up on twice, 3rd time called back (having waited almost an hour) I was told they were closed :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hmm :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Oh, sorry to hijack you’re thread :blush: :unamused: :blush: :unamused: Congrats on your new toy. I think Alix here is also a whiz with these things :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that sounds like supertrader to me smesever or one of the many names they go under on ebay have you got it sorted

alix776:
that sounds like supertrader to me smesever or one of the many names they go under on ebay have you got it sorted

Nah, they apparently do have v. good customer services… I’ll give them a bit of time to sort this… It’s only been a couple days…

We’ll see!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

theyl want you top send it away first before offering a replacement this is usually takes 2-3 weeks

alix776:
theyl want you top send it away first before offering a replacement this is usually takes 2-3 weeks

I’ve already had the replacement unit back. Well, the original with a new mainboard. :unamused: :unamused:

i got one today and im well impressed i gave it a couple of runs and was imediatley chuffed it even told me what road i was and house number i was passing :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: unbelivable ive been converted fantastic.

big thumbs up for navman

I e-mailed Navman about the 12/24volt thing & got this reply:

" 'Yes the charger will work just ensure you start the engine before connecting the charger to the vehicle.

Kind regards
navman-store.com support team’ "

It’s like a lot of mobile phone chargers, as long as you don’t subject them to a power surge then you’re fine but starting a vehicle with them connected cancause a current surge which is the killer.